We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly Al Fresco Dining

Avon, OH
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Dog Friendly Al Fresco Dining

We made an addition to our family over the holiday . . . we adopted a Labradoodle puppy :-) I know Amelia Island is dog friendly . . . can anyone give me a list of restaurants that will allow us to bring our new guy along if we are out and about?

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Friendly Al Fresco Dining

Impatient,

Congrats on your new addition. Pretty much any restaurant that has outdoor seating is allowed to permit pets (of course there is always the permission for service dogs) with the final decision made by the restaurant. Places that I know permit include Sandy Bottoms, Cafe Karibo, Timoti's Fry Shack. I am sure there are others that others will chime in on.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
913 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Friendly Al Fresco Dining

We have taken our 5-year old Golden Retriever to the Island Coffee Shop and to Brett's Waterway Café - both have outdoor seating and provide a water bowl for dogs on request. The coffee shop only has a couple of tables on the sidewalk (try the tuna salad with cranberries) and Brett's terrace seating is very popular as sunset approaches (I prefer just appetizers and drinks here).

I hope you enjoy Amelia Island, my soon-to-be permanent home!

Avon, OH
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Friendly Al Fresco Dining

Thanks :-) if you hear of anymore please post. . . I think it will be good to have a list for the Amelia Island Vacationers Dog Lovers Club :-)

morris, ct
Level Contributor
218 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Friendly Al Fresco Dining

Thanks for this info! We will be visiting in February with our 3 yo yellow lab... and we picked AI due to the pet friendly vibe. Can't wait for our first visit to AI!

5. Re: Dog Friendly Al Fresco Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Amelia Island