We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Key Largo

ferndale, mi
Level Contributor
277 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Key Largo

My wife and I only have one day to drive in and out of Key Largo and were wondering if some of you pros can give us some advise on what we must do and see. We at least need a nice lunch and must get in some snorkeling.

Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks!

North Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Key Largo

If you want to plan a snorkel trip, colntact Key's Diver at keysdiver.com. They do a great 3 stop snorkel tour that leaves at 12:15 p.m.., I think and then returns at 4:30 p.m.

If it was me I would have a late breakfast/early lunch at the Key Largo Coffee House (keylargocoffeehouse.com) and then head out on the snorkel tour (take some beverages and maybe some light snack like fruit, nuts, cookies).

That's what I would do.

If you go on the snorkel tour, tell Reed and Charlotte that Sam says hi.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Key Largo

I like the boats out of Pennekamp state park. They have trips at 9, noon and 3 or thereabouts. Could you make the 9:00 boat and then head down to Islamorada Fish Company/World Wide Sportsman? Then on to Robbies at mile marker 77 to feed the tarpon.

Key Largo
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Key Largo

I've gone snorkeling with Keys Diver and really like them. They have a great staff. You definitely don't want to miss the reefs if you only have one day in Key Largo. I also would go to the Key Largo Coffee House for lunch or dinner after your snorkel or for breakfast before your trip. You'll love their lobster bisque! It's one of my favorite restaurants. They are both located around MM 100 so they are nearby each other.

ferndale, mi
Level Contributor
277 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Key Largo

Thanks for the info.

Go figure...someone likes using Keys Diver whose name is "KeysDiver"...

5. Re: One day in Key Largo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 14:16