We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Babymoon" in Key Largo

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
"Babymoon" in Key Largo

We're expecting our first child at the end of April and are planning a quick weekend getaway to Key Largo (staying at the Marriott resort) in the middle of March. Any thoughts on activities for an active husband and a pregnant wife? Or great restaurants?

I'm hoping for something relaxing and romantic before our lives change forever! We'll have a car so we can go exploring if we want/need to. Thanks!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: "Babymoon" in Key Largo

You can get decent meal at the Sundowner. There is a whole in the wall place just north on US 1 that has good food. It is late and for the life of me I cant remember the name. It is before Boaters World and after the Sundowner place on the south bound lane side.

Take a glass bottom boat tour out of Pennekamp to see the reefs if you do not want to snorkle. Enjoy and congrats on the baby...just think in 5 years you can take him/her snorkling in the Keys with you.

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
350 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Babymoon" in Key Largo

I think the previous poster is thinking of Hobo's which is a good place to eat - but it has moved to about MM 101.5, oceanside.

Sundowner's is ok, nice place to watch the sunset, but the Fish HOuse is better food, or the Key Largo Conch house.

Things to do: John Pennekamp State Park has a glass bottom boat, aquarium, small beaches - where you could do a little snorkeling if you didn't want to go on a boat to snorkel, and I think a sail boat cruise.

There is a sunset sail on the MOrningstar at MM100, oceanside.

There are several dolphin experiences in the area.

The Marriott is very nice, and I am sure they have kayaks to rent or use, plus parasailing etc. for your husband.

Try Harriett's at about MM96, bayside, for a great breakfast - have a biscuit!

Enjoy your stay and best wishes in April!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Babymoon" in Key Largo

Have dinner at Morada Bay or Pierres in Islamorada. They share a campus. MB is outside, Pierres in inside and more upscale. You want to get there before sunset and have a (virgin!) drink with your feet in the sand. Then enjoy your dinner. I would go with Pierres, I think. ...

You should be able to snorkel but ask the doctor. Don't go out on the boat if it's windy as you don't want to get seasick. I snorkelled while pregnant and had a little challenge keeping that belly pointed down but it was not overwhelming.

Ft. Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Babymoon" in Key Largo

Sundowner's all the way if what you are looking for is a romantic dinner while it's still just the two of you. They have really good food. Make reservations to sit on the porch & schedule the time so that the sun will set while you are still having dinner. Now that's romantic!

5. Re: "Babymoon" in Key Largo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo
Recent Conversations