We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

Which Key Largo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Topic
Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

Could you list your favorite restaurants in these 2 areas. Also would like good outside seating for sunsets. Thanks!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,627 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

Marathon: Our favorite by far is Sparky's Landing. Good food, good views, cold drinks. Second is Keys Fisheries.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,900 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

We love Sparky's too. Key Fisheries is good for sunsets. We also like Burdines but they are on the lagoon. Good place for lunch. In Key Largo we like The Fish House for lunch. Lazy Days in Islamorada is very popular. There are many posts on here with restaurant lists. There are some places like the Lor e Lei which used to be very popular but nowadays seems to be hit & miss on food and service but still has one of the best sunset views.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

KL , great sunset, food and happy hour at The Big Chill. Honestly we at at several places for breakfast and I hate to admit, the Waffle House was the best. We had a good dinner at D Hookers, nice bar, friendly staff.

There's a small diner at the Y heading south, we had to turn around and come north to get to it, can't remember the name, but it was very good.

Avoid the Hideout at all costs, it wasn't good. Gilberts was decent and they had a band when we ate there. We tried to get to Mrs. Mac's, but it was packed.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,627 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

We ate at the Big Chill the last trip down. The view is wonderful - absolutely wonderful.

The food was average in my opinion. The locals call the place "The Big Bill".

Lor-E-Lei is also a good place for a sunset celebration. they normally have music, and a nice view of the sunset. I wouldn't go there for the food as it is hit or miss (when you can get the waitstaff and bartenders to acknowledge you, which really saddens me as this was a MUST stop place for us for years.

I do want to try Gilberts. I keep saying that, but I really do want to try it sometime.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

We had a great meal last weekend at Island Grill (MM 84). The "beach" area had a beautiful view.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

one of the best places in between those 2 cities is Pierre's, at 81600. Upscale, but worth it IMO.

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

Thanks everyon. I have a good list to go from. Wil make Sparky's for sure.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

My two favorite restaurants that I strive to visit when in the Keys and located in Key Largo are Sundowners (the crispy crab roll and the new england clam chowder are the BEST!) and Senor Frijoles (they give you fresh-spun cotton candy after your meal and Wayne makes the BIGGEST cotton-candy fluff!). Both restaurants are on the bayside do you can have a nice sunset and are actually located next to each other Hope you find some good eats! (P.S. Island Grill IS pretty darn good too; perfect ambiance, great entertainment)

Edited: 12 July 2011, 01:58
9. Re: Key Largo/Marathon Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 20:17