We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

Vancouver
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

Hello all,

is there any transportation from Key largo to the Orlando airport ?

We will be travelling for a week - Cocoa Beach 3 nights and 3 nights in Key Largo - we will rent acar but I was thinking it would be less stress to get by bus from Key Largo to the airport.

Much appreciated,

Carmen

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

Did you check with Greyhound? As Orlando is not 'local,' I think they would be your only bus service and it would not be direct from Key Largo. You would have to transfer multiple times. If you drove, it would be 4.5 to 5 hours to Orlando airport. IF you could do it on Greyhound, I think it would take half a day- possibly longer. When my former mother-in-law came to KL from Tampa airport, she was 13 hours on the bus and got stranded at Miami airport where she had to change buses (for one to KL), and at 9pm, there were none to KL until the next morning.

It is a VERY easy drive to Orlando airport - FL Turnpike to the I-4 in Orlando.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,998 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

And another thing about using Greyhound is that their bus stations are not in the best of neighborhoods.

Best to rent a car for the day. Priceline ought to get you a car for around $20.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,476 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

You can also fly from FLL or MIA to Orlando. But, in the time it takes to do all that, you could drive there. Like mentioned, it's an easy drive.

4. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2011, 20:47
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,721 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Greyhound website. It takes about 8 hours to get from Key Largo to Orlando, with one transfer. One bus leaves about 11am, the other 8pm. If you can sleep on a bus, the overnight wouldn't be a bad way to go......

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

Drive. It is all interstate highway once on the Turnpike. Mostly 65 and 70 mph speed limits. Unless there is a big accident, it is five hours.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

Thank you all,

8. Re: Transportation from Key Largo to Orlando Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:18