We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

I'm searching for a one night stop-off after driving from Orlando before heading to KW. We would like either a B&B or a hotel suite with two rooms but don't need self-catering, and would like to visit the Nat Park while we're there but don't want to go too far off the route. A nearby bar/eatery would also be a bonus. Not worried about views etc.

I know from experience that it's not easy finding two beds in a room (try booking KW and finding twin beds for teens - only managed thanks to local TA!) or if we do the price is too high. Hoping to do it for $200max.

All help appreciated. Sarah

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,489 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

There are many small resorts/motels in Key Largo, but not really B&B's like KW. There are also several large chains that have two beds in a room, usually not twin beds - that's very very rare in a national chain. But two Queen beds or one King are the norm.

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

So bluewater do you reckon we're going to have to rent two separate rooms - this is going to be pricy! Don't seem to have the two-bed suits here that they have in the Middle Keys then either? (I'm looking forward to the day I come back with just my husband!)

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,489 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

You don't say how many teens you have. Can they share a bed? (I am not one to really ask that as I always hated it when my parents made me share with my sibling and a world war would break out) Four people can go into one room. Some you can get a roll away with and others might have the two queens plus the sofa bed.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

You could try Ocean pointe Suites - they have 2 bed condo's for rent - the second bed room has 2 single beds in - there is also a king in the master and a pull out double in the living area. They are reasonable, but it's in tavernier.

It has everything you require as you can eat in the cafe / bar area, but there are also plenty of bars / eateries locally.

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

I've just tried Ocean Point and they have accomm in the right configuration at a decent price - result!!!! Though I have a feeling there's a "but" here. What's the Tavernier? I've been looking at the Keys for weeks now and haven't stumbled on it ... Have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a purpose built area, so everything at your fingertips (fine for the night but no longer) but can tell me how far from the JP Nat Park it is - we were hoping to be close for a quick stop-off/R&R.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

There's no but - Tavenier is a small town - It's at the south end of key largo but before Islamorada, it's a great place! It's not too far from Pennekamp - mm 102.5 - Ocean Pointe is at around mm 91 I think? - Burton Drive - You are also close to Harry Harris Beach Park - great for kids. You could do JP and then it's about 9 miles to OP.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

Look also at Mariners Club and Atlantic Bay resort.

You don't mention time of year and that greatly affects price.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

Mariners Club... unless you have a way in for cheaper prices - if you do please let me know! Atlantic Bay resort I know nothing about.

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

We are in Key Largo 24th Aug for a week and no access to bargain basement prices unfortunately so the Mariners Club is out too. But the largest unit at The Pelican is our number two choice (well our only other choice!)

At the mo I'm trying (begging) to get Ocean Point to confirm that we can get a two-bedded second room - apparently they cannot guarantee that configuration on their booking form. Unreal! Begging email winging its way now as I don't fancy turning up shattered with children refusing to share one big bed ...

Thanks Martin for the suggestion as I never would have looked that far out.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help! 1 night key lago incl 2-bed room for teens

A pleasure - I am very surprised that they can't confirm it, but don't forget there is a double pull out bed in the living room - which would mean that they didn't have to share the same bed - if the worst came to the worst! I do hope you enjoy it - It is also in the Virgin Brochure if you want to read about it. The Keys are very different - absolutely lovely with plenty to keep youngsters amused :-)

Get answers to your questions about Key Largo