We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restraunts in Key Largo

minnesota
Level Contributor
146 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Restraunts in Key Largo

Can eveyone tell me about good reasonable restraunts here? And I hate to admit not ness. ones with seafood. My family is not big sea food eaters so we needs other food options.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

I love Ballyhoos. They have a lot of seafood (which you're going to run into everywhere in the Keys), but other items as well.

Long Beach, NY
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

Lor-a-lei's or sundowners. Close enough and so much fun!

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

Latin American Bayfront restaurant in Key Largo is a great Cuban restaurant, and very reasonably priced. They also have a kid's (american) menu if the kids aren't wild about trying Cuban. We had a wonderful meal there, and our sometimes picky kids ate Cuban entrees, and loved them. They also had some wonderful desserts.

Restaurant.com often has great discount coupons available for this restaurant. They also have Latin Amer.'s menus and prices on their website.

Best Wishes!

Pennsylvania
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

Just got back from the Keys last week, and I agree that the most reasonable restaurant was the Latin American Bayfront. Not only was the food tasty and plentiful, the restaurant offered a wonderful water view. There's also live music most evenings. I'll definitely visit again.

Also, near the Latin American Restaurant is Gilbert's. It's a German restaurant, but you might want to call and find what their nightly specials are. I'm not sure of the prices/selection for the "regular" menu, but the specials were definitely reasonable and the food was good. Both restaurants are at the "beginning" of the Keys and you'll definitely pass by them on your trip "down."

When you get to your hotel/rental in the Keys, make sure to locate the telephone book. It has a restaurant directory, and many of the listed restaurants have published abbreviated menus and prices. There are even some coupons.

Finally, if you are staying in Key Largo, fast food/chain restaurants (like Wendy's, Burger King, KFC and Pizza Hut) are plentiful. I'm not sure if these are the types of places you're looking for, but I'm sure the kids would like 'em.

minnesota
Level Contributor
146 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

Lol. Yes the daughter would love a big burger and x lg fries. But the 17 yr old takes his fitness more serious. But I guess it's good to know in case she refuses to eat. WHich I doubt. I am almost thinking it could be an chance to force them to try different things.

Morton IL
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

You cant miss breakfast at DJ's Diner. Not far from Ballyhoos. Awesome breakfast at a good price!

Reading...
Level Contributor
190 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

Any info on the restaurant at the Marriott?

London England
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

I have just stayed in Key Largo with two teenagers, who are not big on fish. Ballyhoo's has something for everyone. The food is great.

Eat breakfast at Henrietta's - fantastic.

North Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restraunts in Key Largo

We spent a week in Key Largo in March. My foavorites were Cafe Largo (try to get the crab chowder, out of this world) and the Cafe Largo Coffee House. The coffee house had great outdoor seating, excellent coffee, good muffins and I loved the french toast. The service was excellent. I also loved the Mile Marker 88 restaurant in Islamorda. For food, service and ambience, it was the best!