We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Key Largo

Winston Salem...
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay in Key Largo

I'm single and heading down to Key Largo for a few days. I want to be on the ocean and in walking distance to bars and restaurants. I'm looking at Oceane Point. Any ideas where I should stay?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,083 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

Don't discount the bay side yet and only look at ocean side places - the bay side is beautiful!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

unlike Key West, the bars and restaurants in Key Largo are not all within walking distance of any one place. Many of the places in the area (you're closer to Tavernier than Key Largo) require a car to get to, especially if you are looking for good eats.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

Ocean Pointe will require a car to get to places. You might want to stay at the Marriott or something around there. The other walkable option would be Courtyard Key largo. But you'll need a car from time to time.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

Courtyard Key Largo, Bayside Inn, Key Lime Sailing Club and Holiday Inn...all are located in easily walkable distance to several great restaurants, bars, marina etc. Lots of options for boat trips to Pennekamp, snorkeling, diving, glass bottom boats etc. Do you want to be "on the ocean" for the beach? There is not really much of one. We really like the bayside and there are lots ot options, Ck out the KL Chamber of Commerce site for great lodging info. The walkable area is all around MM 100-102.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

Ditto everything box just said. The Marriott is on the bayside & has a nice man made beach. Lots of bars and restaurants are within walking distance.

I went to a chamber event at Ocean Pointe. It was nice, but 'far' from everything (in Keys terms). You would absolutely have to drive to all bars and restaurants from there. Additionally, their "beach" area was not pristine white (seaweed, leaves) and had signs warning of jellyfish!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

It's not really a beach - but you do have Harry Harris Park next door - however the clarity of the water is better than the bay side,but it's still enjoyable to swim in the bay . There are some nice places mentioned above - if you do just want to walk Marriott is a good bet - Cactus Jacks, Breezers, Sundowners, Jimmy Johnson's Big Chill are all easily walkable if that's a priority. Alternatively we stayed at Ocean Pointe - preferred it to many other places and used Moms Taxi's and they were great, but you are a tad isolated there.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

We have also used Mom's Taxi and do recommend them! If it is the beach and ocean you want accomodations on, I would advise that you go down to Islamorada to the Postcard Inn or Chesapeake Beach Resort. Easier ocean access there. We usually take a boat so the beach is not a priority for us and we love Key Largo with it's laid back atmosphere!

8. Re: Where to stay in Key Largo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 05:16