We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-6mo winter rental with boat access

Whitehall, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
4-6mo winter rental with boat access

Young 50 yr old couple very clean and neat looking for nice small place to rent over winter months. We have a 22 ft boat and 8lb Maltese dog (non shed/puppy pad trained) Please give us any ideas.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,700 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-6mo winter rental with boat access

Start with a local real estate agency's vacation rental section for 2015. You may be able to find something now for 2013/14 but in the same place the whole 4-6 mo might be a challenge. VRBO would be another place to start. It's late in the game for this winter.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-6mo winter rental with boat access

Before I bought here, I used Century 21 Key Search in Key Largo for a winter rental of 3-4 months. I had jet skiis and I needed to be on the water. My price cap was $3200 a month. I had 5 properties presented within minutes for the same winter. I didn't choose one of them because the Marriott made me an offer of a suite for $1700 per month (2x day maid service and boat ramp and pool).

I tend to not recommend VRBO as some folks on there offer short term rentals (less than 30 days) in unincorporated Monroe County which violates the law here. Also, if the rental is not as presented, you have no recourse. Some folks on here love VRBO and have had only positive experiences.

The one place I would never look is Craig List. LOTS of scams there for rentals in the Keys.

3. Re: 4-6mo winter rental with boat access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 06:19
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now