We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

In the planning stage of trip nov 2014. we are a couple who like quiet waterfront accommodation with cooking facilities and a pool. All the properties seem to be 2-5 bedroom apartments or hotels. is there anything in between that is recommended,

Any help appreciated, I have found White sands Inn - Marathon which looks just right, anything like this in Key largo that you could point me towards.

Thanks

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

Can't answer your question about lodging in KL, but I have to mention that its only an hour drive from KL to Marathon and there really isn't all that much to do in KL (sorry in advance to KL lovers). One day trip from Marathon could cover John Pennekamp in KL.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

Ok, so would it be sensible to stay for 2 weeks in one destination???

I had originally thought KL- middle-KW 3 places just to vary it a bit K.west seems the most expensive from what ive seen so far, If we stayed in Marathon and maybe had a couple of nights in KW could we make the airport easily to fly back , or should we add another night near Miami ??

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,592 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

It's a fairly easy drive to MIA. Really depends on what time your flight is and how much travel you feel up to that day.

I would just do two places in the Keys. Middle Keys being where I prefer. A few nights in KW too - just not during FF.

Lots of weddings in the Marathon area in Oct too. Book soon. White Sands has one around the weekend of the 12th.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
16,316 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

We always stay for at least 10 days in Key West as we love it and there is so much to see and do. It really depends on what you want to do in the Keys as to the best place for you to stay. We usually stay in Key Largo for the last two nights on our holidays, just for a change of scenery and because it is nearer to Miami airport. We would not do the long drive up from Key West on the day we were due to fly home.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

Ok thanks that makes sense I cannot book flights yet. so have to hold off on accommodation . how quickly does it get booked up for nov 2014

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
16,316 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

Depending on what time you are going in November you may hit Thanksgiving and I guess it will be pretty busy then? Personally I would try and book as soon as you have your flights.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

Only just discovered ? fantasy fest. ? something like 18th oct , what date is thanksgiving please.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

I Googled "Thanksgiving 2014" for you and got Thursday, Nov 27. Since the holiday is always on a Thursday, its pretty popular time to take off for a long weekend and the keys will be crowded.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

Thanks so much , so the first 2 weeks of november are pretty safe I hope.

10. Re: planning a trip from Uk. accomodation problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo
Recent Conversations