We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorite restaurants?

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Your favorite restaurants?

We are leaving for Key Largo in about a week for our first family vacation. What are some local favorite restaurants? We love seafood! We are not picky eaters but would prefer reasonably priced restaurants. We are not fancy restaurant people, especially since we have a 4 yr old with us.

Key Largo Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Restaurants that I do frequent are Gilberts, Mrs Macs, Catagory 3, Evelyns, The Galley, Harriets, Ive never had any complaints with these places.

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
348 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

I agree with gliderider......our favorites are Mrs. Mac's, Harriets, Upper Crust Pizza, Buzzard's Roost, and Snappers. Sharkey's has a good hamburger also.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Those are good lists. We like to pick p sandwiches from Chads for picnics.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Mrs. Macs original on ocean side is an excellent choice. I don't love Snappers food and find it pricey, but feeding their tarpon could be fun for a little one. Fish House has great fresh seafood. Recently tried Island Grill at Mandalay and had a good, reasonably priced dinner. Pilot House might be fun with the glass "windows" in the floor so you can see fish.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 05:11
Tavernier, Florida...
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Great suggestions above, we like:

Evelyns (as mentioned)

Mrs. Macs old or new (as mentioned)

Sundowner's (a little more expensive but good)

DJ's Diner

Hobo's

Wahoos (Islamorada)

Lorelai (Islamorada)

~B~

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,958 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Mrs Mac's, Buzzard's Roost, Sharkeys, Largo Café (very good Italian) Key Largo Fisherie's Backyard (outdoor dining and the freshest seafood avail in the Upper Keys. attached to a fish market right where the boats come in). All on our must visit list each year. The Island Grill at Mandalay was a great find on our trip last month. The fresh ahi tuna nachos were fantastic if you are sushi lovers. Wahoo's in Islamorada at the Chesapeake Resort was excellent and another place you have a fantastic view of water, fishing boats and ocean.

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Thanks for all the great suggestions!! Glass bottom floor sounds really cool.

Any thoughts on a restaurant called "Take Away Cafe"?

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Great for lunch It's part of the fish market so you can also pick up fish, shrimp etc to cook.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,958 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Funny. As many times as we go to Key Largo Fisheries "Backyard", I ddn't know it was also called "take away cafe". I googled it and Trip Advisor has FIFTEEN pages of reviews. We love the market for the freshest fish, lobster and Key West Pinks (shrimp). We go the first day in KL and get seafood for the condo to cook. Then on the day we leave we bring a cooler to bring home, they will happily offer to pack it with ice.

Yummy conch chowder, lobster bisque, conch salad and fish dip inside the market to take home and frozen whole key lime pies! Usually get the grilled mahi to eat there but everything looks yummy.

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your favorite restaurants?

Yum! Can I bring packed frozen seafood on a plane? Or can they ship it to my home?

Get answers to your questions about Key Largo