We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airboat tours

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
8 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Airboat tours

My husband and I are interested in taking an airboat tour into the Everglades. What is the closest place to Key Largo to do this? We will be driving up to Miami after the airboat tour, so I was looking for something close to our route from Key Largo to Miami. Thanks!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airboat tours

You will have to go a little out of your way to take an airboat tour. If you get on Tamiami Trail/41, you will find options within 15 miles or so inland. We are more familiar with the Gulf Coast, so someone else may be able to give you more specific information about the specific operators and your options.

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airboat tours

There is an airboat ride just outside Florida City, the first town you come to after you leave Key Largo on your way to Miami. I have not been to this attraction so I can't give you advice on it. The address is 40351 SW 192 Avenue

Homestead, FL 33034

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airboat tours

Yes, that place RM-MN mentions the address of is the Everglades Alligator farm. It's about a 45 minute drive from the centre of Key Largo. They do alligator shows and you can see the alligators different stages of growth etc etc. The airboat rides were OK, but the ones up on US41 Tamiami Trail are better, but much further.

If you do go up to US41 then try Coopertown airboat rides.cits one of th closest and our guide was great.

The main issue with the Alligator Farm airboat rides is that the driver (pilot?) insisted on spinning the boat 360 degrees repeatedly until we were all soaked in "swamp water" ! The kids on board thought it was great fun, but the rest of us were not so impressed.

4. Re: Airboat tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:15