We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking Key Largo

Which Key Largo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montana
4 posts
Save Topic
Kayaking Key Largo

Hi, I need some information on a kayaking tour in Key Largo. Not too much information on the web that I can find. Looking for something for a family with two kids 9 and 12 years of age, maybe a 3-hour trip or half day trip. If there are any other keys you think would be better let me know. Appreciate any info!

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayaking Key Largo

Florida Keys Kayak and Canoe Center, http://www.kayakfloridakeys.com/, offers tours in the Key Largo area. I believe they're the largest outfitter in the region.

New York City
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayaking Key Largo

I would recommend the kayaking at John Pennekamp State Park (hourly rentals). The water is calm between the mangrove islands and there's fish and birds everywhere. Be careful getting out of the kayaks - docks are not the ideal place to get out of kayak; way too much movement.

North Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayaking Key Largo

My husband and I were in Key Largo in early March. We went Kayaking with Florida Bay Outfitters (www.kayakfloridakeys.com). They are at MM104. We did the 3 hour tour and we really enjoyed, once we got the hang of the rudder! We kayaked in Largo Sound and then took the North Sound Creek over to Card Sound. We got out at Card Sound and the van came and picked us up. Our tour guide, Bill, was great. We learned a lot and got a view of the Keys we haven't had before.

My only complaint with them was that we were told to be there at 12:00 for a 12:30 departure and we were. However, there were other memebers of the group that were running late so we had to wait until after 1:00 p.m., when they finally showed up. I am all for relaxing and remembering I am on vacation but I thought it was rude to make us wait that long. I was a little steamed.