We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dennis Pharmecy

New Hyde Park, New...
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dennis Pharmecy

Can anyone review the new location? I used to have breakfast there every visit.

BFB

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

The lunch counter protion of Dennis Pharmacy (It's now the Dennis Lunchenette) just opened on Petronia a few weeks ago in Bahama Village. Sorry I don't have the exact address.

New Hyde Park, New...
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

Thanks Seabus. Best wishes in your next endeavor

BFB

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

Thank you! Believe it or not, I'm already on the next job and here's the hoot:... I'm a Tour Guide / Driver with Old Town Trolleys.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

I'm using Old Town Trolleys on March 9th with my husband. Hope to see you if you're working :o)

Shelley xxx

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

I'm pretty sure that's the one that just opened at The Art Of Baking (Henrietta's) at 316 Petronia. We stopped in a couple times last week and got some baked goods but never waited for a table because it was always packed. Always a good sign. (the food looked good)

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

I'm pretty sure that's the one that just opened at The Art Of Baking (Henrietta's) at 316 Petronia. We stopped in a couple times last week and got some baked goods but never waited for a table because it was always packed. Always a good sign. (the food looked good)

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

Has anyone been to the Dennis Pharmacy lunch counter since it relocated? I always like the place when they were in the old location.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

I have and was very pleasantly surprised. I was very skeptical that it would work in a new location but its just as good as it was in the old location. Its also nice to see some of the same faces. It simply good local food.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

They are the one that has opened on Petronia at The Art of Baking. It's been open for a couple months now.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dennis Pharmecy

Has anyone been there?! Yikes! YOU haven't? Dennis' at South and Simonton was where Jimmy's Cheeseburger in Paradise came from...and the new location still has that original gas grill!

Where else can you get a $5 breakfast while sitting down in the same small room with the mayor, at least two council members, a rockstar and a famous author - at the same time?

I mean, besides Dennis'?

I wrote a recommendation of it on my go-list. Here it is.

Dennis' Pharmacy was an island mainstay for twenty years, and the home of the ORIGINAL Cheeseburger in Paradise. The Esperanza Family has cooked at Dennis' for over fifteen years. On the original menus, there was an admonishment to let all the famous people jsut sit there and enjoy there meal. And it was serious! About a year ago, the original Dennis' closed. It was a big deal. (The building became a bank. Wow.) But the family was dedicated to re-opening as soon as they found the right location. Well, guess what? They found it. In Bahama Village, at the equally-renowned Henrietta's Art of Baking, on Petronia Street. (Famous for her home-made coconut strips, regular or chocolate-dipped!)

So. Because it is in Bahama Village and looks like someone's kitchen, traffic is limited to the determined, care-free, and open-minded...and locals. It's a breakfast and lunch destination, plates and flatware are all disposable. And they serve a dish called mollete ("mo-yet-tay") which is picadillo - beef, sauce, onions, and olives - in a deep fried and coated cuban bread. It's AMAZING.

Like I said, it's all local. Only the very brave venture in here, just because it looks so unusual on the inside. But the food, the people, and the clientelle are the best.