We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Harbor Inn room names

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Key West Harbor Inn room names

We stayed in KWHI in June 06 in the Jamaica Room.

Great place & location. We're planning a return trip to KW in June of 08 and will be staying there again.

However, we're going a bit less expensive for the room choice this trip & are looking into one of the other rooms at KWHI.

If you've stayed there, tell me about the other rooms--especially the queen bed rooms.

From the web site, it's really hard to tell which room is which, because they're numbered, rather than named.

I'll probably write or call them direct, too, but I wanted the great input from this forum--it was invaluable for our first visit last year!

Thanks!

CapnG

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

Shoot, I can't remember the name of the 2nd room we stayed at last April. Were in Puerto Rico for first half of week, then to a second floor, main house for rest of week. It was on the front, overlooking pool. Lovely room - small, but high ceiling and shower was cool (though the sink/toilet space was tiny.) Had a mini-fridge, micro and sink as well.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

We are staying there in June (of this year) in the "Martinique" room. There are 3 prices of queen rooms. This is the most expensive of the queens because its bigger I guess and has a wet bar. Its on the first floor of the pool house. The "Antigua" room is the exact same also on the first floor of the pool house, but they told me its alot louder because its right under the stairs to the 2nd floor so I would avoid that one.

I had a list of the queen rooms with corresponding numbers on the website's virtual tours but I have since thrown them away. I do know that numbers 25 & 26 is the "Antigua" room and "Martinique" is the exact same they say.

According to the reviews, the cheapest queen rooms were alittle cramped so that is why I did not get one of those.

I would definitely call them and they can give you the virtual tour numbers for each price range.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

Thanks!

I'll take a look at the Martinque.

Some folks we met while we were there, were upstairs in the pool house, first room at the top of the stairs. Can't remember the name of the room, tho.

We can't wait to get back to the island...! Just wish it wasn't over a year away! :-)

Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

WE are staying in St.Croix in May. It is the cheapest one they had so I will let you know . This will be our first trip,we are so excited!!

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
717 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

We are booked to stay in the St. Martin room on the ground floor of the main building. I'll try to remember to post our review.

SC
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

We've stayed in Barbados (downstairs in main house) and St Thomas directly overhead. Neither is huge but plenty big enough for 2 people.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,307 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

CapnG

We have the Jamaica room in April. I'll look at anything you want info about while we are there--just ask here

Lakeland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

We will be staying in the St. John's room. Has anyone stayed in there before? She said it was bigger than the St. Thomas. Is there a website to view the rooms other than what they have on their site?

I appreciate any help that you can give me.

annapolismd
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

We just got back yesterday and stayed in the St. John room. It was not one of the larger rooms but it did have a fridge (in the closet) and a full bathtub. Some of the other rooms were just showers. It was not a huge room but how much time are you going to spend in the room.

We would have liked one of the rooms that had a door opening out to a balcony. The St. John, St. Croix and St. Thomas all share a hallway for access to the rooms. There is a balcony outside of the hallway. The noise was not bad in our room. The only real annoying noise we heard was the roosters/chickens at 6am, 7am and 8am. There is a fenced yard behind the room that seems to have the birds enclosed.

The breakfast in the morning was quite impressive for a continental breakfast. We were satisfied every morning but again we have never been big breakfast eaters. The Happy Hour is a great touch. They had different chips and dips and tons of beer and liquor.

Great location! Nice place! We would go back there.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key West Harbor Inn room names

Interesting topic. We were going to stay here last trip but the BF talked me out of it because he thought it might be too close to the warf and too noisy. Any comments on noise other than the roosters?

Also, please post thier response when you get it. We would be interested in any info on the king rooms.

Thanks!