We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for dancing and country music

Indiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for dancing and country music

Looking for a great spot to do some dancing. We like all kids of music. Also, any place in town with country music??

Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
111 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Free Cancellation
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
120 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
396 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Free Cancellation
14 replies to this topic
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,781 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

For country walk by the Hogg's Breath Saloon ---> https://www.hogsbreath.com/keywest/ They list the address as Font Street, but you can enter off Duval.

For dancing, El Meson de Pepe during their sunset celebration ---> https:/… dancing and a mojito.

Pjk

Edited: 04 August 2017, 23:13
Mentioned in this post
El Meson de Pepe
El Meson de Pepe
2,256 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

We don't do a lot of country dancing here, some country music though. If you want to dance, go to virgillios. Any night there are different bands and lots of dancing. It's the alley behind la trotoria on Duval.

Mentioned in this post
Duval Inn
Duval Inn
772 Reviews
Key West, FL
Kings Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
808 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

The best place for country music and dancing is Cowboy Bill's. You can even ride the mechanical bull.

https://www.facebook.com/cowboybillskw/

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
346 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

For country music head to the Tiki Bar at the Galleon Resort to see Clint Bullard! He plays Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 6 - 9 pm. He's a great singer, song writer and everyone has a great time. It's an outside bar with the best view of sunset in Key West.

Mentioned in this post
The Galleon Resort And Marina
The Galleon Resort And...
530 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

If Cliff Cody is playing at Hog's Breath while you're in town, you'll think you just hit the jackpot. He's awesome.

Kings Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
808 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

You would think that such a high priced vacation destination would have lots of great live entertainment. I live in the Cincinnati area and the live music around here is better. For instance, last weekend we saw Blessed Union of Soul; for free at a local festival. That's the norm here. I even think the local bands that play nightly around here are better. Now Key West beats Cincinnati for just about everything else, don't get me wrong. That's why it's our favorite place to go, but the music there isn't that great.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

I think the music around here and the entertainment is pretty great. I can't compare it to Cincinnati, but I live here, and there is a very diverse music scene. The Key West Theater is a new music venue that you might not be familiar with. Until recently Paul Cotton played here regularly, and the number of bands that rotate through here gives you a lot of choices for good music not to mention all the bars that have live music daily.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

Key west is a much smaller city than Cincinnati. For the size of our city I think we blow other small cities out of the water in terms of music, theater and other live entertainment options. It's one of the reasons we live here.

Mentioned in this post
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,032 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

There is a live Music presence in Key West, and we are always open to local venues and local music.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place for dancing and country music

I think the live music scene in Key West is awesome. I don't know who Blessed Union of Soul is but I do know Caffeine Carl, Nick Norman, Cliff Cody, Joal Rush, Lewis Brice, Massacoustics, Claire Finley, Mark Lum, Marjory Lee, Andy Westcott, Robert Albury, Rusty Lemon, Patrick and the Swayzees, Clint Bullard and more - all because of Key West. We went to an amazing show at The Key West Theater in May to see Joal Rush and Big Head Todd and the Monsters and loved the experience. We never have to look too hard to find great music on the island.

Edited: 11 August 2017, 23:18
Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Reply to: Best place for dancing and country music
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted