We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Restaurant ?

jersey girl
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Key West Restaurant ?

This is list I thought I would like to try any comments good or bad on any or all?

Lobos grill

Kelly's

Alonzo's Oyster Bar Happy Hour

Alice's Breakfast special

Coco Palms Jamaician me hungry

Mangia Pasta Cafe

Martha's Steak House

Sloppy Joes

Drinks and entertainment

Willie T's mojitos/live band

Duval Beach Club breackfast/lunch/drinks

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

I'd add Schooner Wharf for lunch and Michael McLoud, and Cafe Tropical next to the Mel Fisher Museum, also for lunch, for a grouper sandwich and conch chowder.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

Bagatelle for lunch

La Te Da for the "Top Shelf Margarita"

La Concha for sunset drinks

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

Half Shell Raw Bar for the best seafood and cold beer.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

Martha's is closed.

Lots of people enjoy happy hour and appetizers at Kelly's but I never really hear great things about their meals.

We ate sloppy joes at Sloppy Joes once and the food was absolutely awful!

Key West, FL.
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

Lobos is great. Very small. Very affordable, and exellent wraps. It is on Duval but off Duval and kind of hidden. So you won't deal with a place filled with noise and tourist.

Coco Palms Jamaician Me Hungry is fantastic food. As long as the owner / cook is the one doing the cooking. It has a laid back setting and sitting out on the balcony is nice since it is on the second story you do not deal with street level noise as much. The food is nice and spicy ! :) Service is exellent.

Sloppy Joes is what it is. A crowded , over priced , average food , tourist mega stop. If you have not been in there I would say stop in and grab a burger or dog so you can at least say you have done it. Call your friends on your cell and smile and wave at the web cam. At night they get really packed for live entertainment. If you want to get rowdy with a rowdy crowd this is where you will probly find yourself.

Duval Beach Club has the Bear Bottem burger which is big and tasty. It is not really a resturuant per say. More like , walk up to a counter, order your food, sit down and enjoy some live music.

You will also want to add Key Lime to your list. For that I would go to Key Lime and More or Kermit's.

For breakfast go to Blue Heaven. Get there early as they do fill up and it can be a loooong wait if you get there to late. Very good atmoshere and decent enough food. Service is pretty good too.

Or for breakfast you could always hop down to the Schooner Wharf around 7:00 ish AM. For the meeting of the " Breakfast Club ". This group of locals has a unique saying about breakfast that I will let you find out on your own. ;) Deffintly something everyone should do at least once in life.

I notice you are from Jersey. Head over to Capt. Tony's on a Fri or Sat night and you will run into the Captain himself. He is from Elizabeth.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,539 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

You should at least wander up to the Rooftop Cafe and look at the menu. They have great breakfasts and it's a nice place to stop for a drink in the afternoon and sit outside and overlook the Wrecker's museum.

Gotta go to B.O.'s! B.O.'s Fishwagon on Caroline for either fish & chips or a blackened fish sandwich and a Corona.

Caban apps at El Meson de Pepe also on Front ain't bad either. Plaintains and mojitos.

Pjk

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

Yes - you have to try some Key Lime Pie if you're in Key West. My favorite is the Blond Giraffe on Duval. For a twist on the classic - try the frozen chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick - absolutely incredible - get it early in your trip b/c you'll want to get one another day believe me! Also Kermit's has great Key Lime Pie also sold by the slice.

For another sweet treat - I love Flamingo Crossing's too which is also on Duval - they have delicious homemade icecream in a variety of yummy flavors. We love sitting outside at the tables for some fun people watching. And it's right next to the Wine Store so stop in there after for some wine tasting.

For some drinks & a traditional Key West Bar experience don't miss Captain Tony's. I love their Pirates Punch!! And while sipping on that you can enjoy their daily live music.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

Avoid Nine One Five!!

Reading PA
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

2nd on the beer at Tony's and a late night Cheese Steak atr Mr. Z's always closes the night in a good way.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key West Restaurant ?

We have had great meals at Grand Cafe on Duval.