We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private charters

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
private charters

Looking into doing private charter to snorkel, sand bars, back country just some r&r out on the water would you do this out of KW or Isla I get the idea that most on here think snorkeling is somewhat better out of isla I have found a captain both places just depends on what day as to where I book

thanks for the help

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
154 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
142 Reviews
from US$145.00*
10 replies to this topic
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,494 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: private charters

I usually suggest Captain Dees and Breezin' Charters, but Breezin', his sailboat cannot go to the places you mention, but you might want to take a look.

Otherwise, for a relatively affordable private charter, look at the Patty C ---> https://honesteco.org/patty-c Both of these go out of the Bight and will take as few as two people. And I always suggest at least a four hour charter (but six is even nicer) since you cannot do much with a two hour trip.

Pjk

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
2. Re: private charters

it will be at least 4yrs if not all day the all day ones have lunch included out on a sand bar somewhere, really both I am looking at our close to same price just wondering to do some snorkeling is there that much different in chartering out of KW over Isla we have to check out of motel on thurs have a reservation Thursday night at the Blue Finn in Isla and at that time doing the charter up there on Friday. I am not going to book till we get to town due to weather conditions thanks

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
3. Re: private charters

gotta love auto correct that is suppose to say 4 hours not 4 yrs ha

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,494 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: private charters

I've snorkeled two places out of Robbie's Marina and gone to Looe Key three times with two stops each and at least on these occasions have had better (and worse) days snorkeling out of Key West. My favorite place is Sand Key, seven miles south of Key West which is the first choice of boats out of Key West.

But just in case you want to save some money, there are two great trips out of Key West which include snorkeling, a nice lunch, and a guided kayak tour around one of the mangrove islands:

Sebago's Island T'ing ---> https:/…island-ting (or their back-country trip)

And Danger Charter's all-day trip ---> https:/…

Sebago uses a nice sailing catamaran while Danger goes out on a small, skipjack sailboat, and both limit their trips to 20 people. Sebago even adds breakfast to their trips. They are 6.5 hours long and both leave and get back at a comfortable time, And Danger will try to stop at the Sandbar for a while around lunch time, conditions permitting. And they gave a 10% off deal on Facebook.

Each of these are great trips and the extra people usually make the trip even more interesting.

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,440 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: private charters

Are you talking about Islamorada or somewhere else? Isla = Islamorada?

Pottsville...
Level Contributor
981 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: private charters

I found Island to island charters but have not used them. I want to do the same things you are mentioning. I plan on using them next May when I visit.

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
224 reviews
7. Re: private charters

Check with Captain Gary with Dolphin Safari out of Stock Island. He can put together any kind of trip you would like.

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
8. Re: private charters

sorry yes I am

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
9. Re: private charters

Key Largo Adventures is my choice out of Islaomarda or Island to Island Charters or Laid back out of KW if anybody has any expierence with any of these DJZ we are going middle of April I am not going to book till we get down there see what weather is going to be like but I can let you know how it goes

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,440 posts
37 reviews
10. Re: private charters

For Islamorada check out Two Chick charters.

Reply to: private charters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted