We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Concha Rooms

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
La Concha Rooms

Any advice on what rooms to ask for at La Concha? Are there particular rooms that face west for a sunset view? Are some larger than others in the same price range? Do some have balconies?

Advice from fellow travelers appreciated.

Mulhouse, France
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Concha Rooms

We stay at La Concha ever year for 3 nights (reward nights). It is a nice hotel. Many rooms are facing west and you can see the beautiful sunsets from there. We had such room on our last trip one month ago. We were on the fourth floor so you have an open view. I think balcony rooms are only on the second floor just above Duval St. That is the noisy side. You may want to check on their website, you can see different room types and prices.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Concha Rooms

jr suite on the 5th floor was nice.

the thing about this hotel is... you can go to the top of the roof there is a bar there and they have the best views!

unless you are dead set in watching it from your room... you could stay in a regular room and get a fine view and a drink each night.

or you can stay anywhere for that matter and go up but they encourage non guests to buy a drink.

I wouldn't pay the high prices for those rooms. It is not as quality as the price suggests. But like I said if you are dead set.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Concha Rooms

I agree, SeminoleGirl. I love the roof top bar at La Concha. It is a very nice place to have a margarita and watch the sun set. Its a nice relaxing place and a world away from the sideshow on Mallory Square.....not that there's anything wrong with that either.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Concha Rooms

We haven't even gone to the top the last couple times because they were charging to go up for sunset 2-3 years ago. I think it was $5/person and they wanted us to pay for the kids, too.

Have they stopped charging? We always had a couple beers or coladas anyhow before we stopped going.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Concha Rooms

Unless their policy has changed, if you buy a drink the $5 charge is waived.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Concha Rooms

I had room the size of a closet facing Duval. We could not open a suitcase unless it was on the bed! Did I mention, when we arrived the power was out? LaConcha has a generator so they stay open even during a hurricane. For whatever reason, they were not running the generator. Then we had no water followed by no hot water.

Other than the great location on Duval, LaConcha was a BAD experience. We paid $279 for the closet sized room, facing Duval, on a Tuesday night. I would have rather slept in my SUV!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Concha Rooms

If you don't mind spending the kind of money that La Concha charges, you might like staying at Pier House. It's a really nice resort right on the gulf. It has a big swimming pool, spa, terrific restaurant and nice big rooms.

*cues PJK to add his comments* :-)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Concha Rooms

Just this much and I've only been inside at the bar once and in the elevator...

The rooms at the La Concha seem unattractive to me, at least the ones facing Duval, because there is no veranda and I don't even know if you can open the windows. I've never noticed rooms on any other side. And from the rooftop the pool seems hot and weird just because it's nestled on a lower roof with a great view of ...nothing in particular. You can sit there and pretend you are in the Bronx!

I don't think I would stay there for free.

Que SeminoleGirl.

Pjk

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: La Concha Rooms

Alas, we will be staying more or less for free due to the large quantity of Holiday Inn points my lovely husband racks up for lots of time on the road during the year. Trying ot make the best of a necessity. It would not be my first choice for Key West lodging, but it frees up $ for snorkeling (and maybe participating in the great Battle for Independence!).

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: La Concha Rooms

There is another HI in Key West!