We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key west 23/24th September 2018

Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
Key west 23/24th September 2018

Hi all, I from Uk and frequent Orlando many times and this September is my 10th time and my parters 1st. We have 3 weeks in Orlando doing the usual then a first for me on the 22nd Sep leaving Orlando very early and driving down to Miami and the keys! We only have a budget for 3 days down there so I’d like some advice on the full day, night and half day we have in Key West after visiting Miami.

We have booked to stay at Fairfield inn & Suites ny Marriot as a good deal came up online and we can pay on arrival.

So my question is what would you all recommend my partner and I to do for the day,night and next morning. I’m 31 and she’s 22. We are gonna go visit the southernmost point of the US and take a stroll along Duval St.

Any advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance.

17 replies to this topic
Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
225 reviews
1. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

I would recommend not staying at the Fairfield and finding accommodation in Old Town. Being able to walk everywhere is one of the best things about being in KW. Try to get out on a snorkeling trip and a sunset sail while you are in KW.

Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

I am abit apprehensive about the hotel as its far away from Old town. I looking at other options closer to old town as we speak.

Snorkelling is on our to do list aswell.

Thanks

SF

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
225 reviews
3. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

Have a look at the Angelina Guesthouse. September is a slower month in KW and prices are at the most reasonable.

Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

Thank you! I will check all this out and hopefully ammend my Fairfield booking soon as I find one closer and mire reasonable!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

The saint hotel is a Marriott, if that helps.

Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

Changed to Duval Gardens now!

Kent
Level Contributor
7,515 posts
80 reviews
7. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

Duval gardens is fantastic, it’s 3/4 of the way from Mallory square , about half hour walk, but closer to southern most point, See if you can ask for the front room, I think it’s 21 it has the front porch and if it rains you can sit on the porch watching everyone and watch the cockerels , the rooms are small but perfect, we loved it there

Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

That’s fantastic! Least its closer to everything now. Do you recommend anything to do during the day? Was thinking snorkelling?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

It really depends on what your interests are, you only have one day so you’ll have to pick, history, touring, water activities, culture etc a half day tour with one of the smaller operators, DAnger charters, is our favorite, will give you a bit of a taste of why the keys are unlike Miami . Definitely see sunset at Mallory square, buskers performing and local art for sale as well as music, just depends on the night we have lots of great restaurants, some with water views. BTW, what do you do in Orlando for three weeks, seems like way too long for me.

Edited: 20 May 2018, 19:50
Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Key west 23/24th September 2018

Well my partner have never been to America before and I have many times so we’re doing:

Disney 14 day pass

Uni/IOA 14 day pass

Tampa/clerwater

KSC

Various shopping/malls etc

So the 3rd week is gonna be this down in Miami/Keys, then catch a NFL game up in Jacksonville and then some more parks to finish off.

Reply to: Key west 23/24th September 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted