We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Howdy, all! My mom (65) and I are headed down to Key West in June and are looking forward to some snorkeling fun. We’ve already booked the full day Danger Charter snorkeling tour, but we’re thinking about hiring a private charter for another day on the water. We’re both experienced snorkelers and strong swimmers, and we would love to charter with someone who would take us to lesser known spots to sit on a sandbar and hang out in places not usually visited by larger groups.

Here’s the weird part that’s hard to do a search on; we want to travel only with a company that sends at least one female crew member with them. I know it sounds dumb, but I’d just feel more comfortable with a female captain (we’d be fine with a mixed gender crew, but if it’s just us and one crew member, I would prefer them to be female). Any suggestions on a charter company that might fit this description?

8 replies to this topic
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Venus charters is all female crew.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,689 posts
121 reviews
2. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Depending on what you are willing to pay, the Key West Eco Tours with Captain Karla and the Floridays with Captain Alexis.

Pjk

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
1 review
3. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

http://islandtoislandcharters.com/

Captain Allison gets great reviews for what you’re looking for.

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Venus Charters with Capt Karen.....you won't be disappointed!

Pottsville...
Level Contributor
983 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

We are doing Island To Island Charters tomorrow. I'll do a review in week or 2 and let you know how they were.

Pottsville...
Level Contributor
983 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Just got back from a day with Captain Ally and you cannot go wrong. She is very good at what she does.

Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
7. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestion! :)

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
8. Re: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?

Call Tammy, she will get you hooked up of the best charter for your group. (305) 797-8954

https:/…

Reply to: Snorkeling, sandbar, island charter?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Key West