We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desserts

ft. lauderdale, fl
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Desserts

I will be there this weekend and have been there many times and every time we go to Better Than Sex for dessert (my husband's favorite meal is dessert). We have been other places as well (love the key lime pie at Pepe's). We want to try somewhere different. Any place with a particular dessert anyone loves? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Pepe's Cafe
Pepe's Cafe
2,602 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
110 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Free Cancellation
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
119 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
396 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Free Cancellation
17 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desserts

Flamingo Crossing for ice cream. Duetto for gelato. Mattheessens for fudge, chocolate and cookies. All are amazing!

Edited: 21 May 2018, 21:16
ft. lauderdale, fl
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desserts

Great! Thanks!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
110 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desserts

Blue Heaven for the Key Lime Pie, hands down my favorite key lime pie on the island. I second the fudge place. The cookie place by ripleys is good, but that "review" is after a few too many drinks, so they might actually taste like foot. I LOVE azure's key lime pie French toast for a "breakfast dessert," and the key lime donut at glazed donut. I could eat those all day every day.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,447 Reviews
Key West, FL
ft. lauderdale, fl
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desserts

I was actually looking at Azur's menu-I've never been there- and was thinking how delicious that french toast sounds! Thank you for the tips!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
197 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desserts

The chocolate brownie creme brulee at Louie’s Backyard is amazing and has a great view to go with it!

Lima, Ohio
Level Contributor
177 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desserts

Love the strawberry tempura from Conch Republic Seafoof Company! It's so good!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
36,737 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Desserts

What's the best place for a Turtle Caramel Cheesecake?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desserts

I once had the Key Lime Pie at Blue Heaven while seated at a table near the bar. I've never had so many people look at my dessert before! They were passing by, on the way to their tables.

I imagine these days it would be on many peoples' Instagrams- the pie is SO thick!

Mentioned in this post
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,447 Reviews
Key West, FL
De
Level Contributor
352 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Desserts

If he does not mind deserts for breakfast I would without a doubt try the donut place on Eaton. Several trips I just walked by that place on my morning walk and then last year in May stopped in. What a find and I'm sort of sorry I found it.. I think they have a special donut of the month and if it's the blueberry one get it but don't even consider sharing it. . if you go for a treat early you can walk it off..

http://www.glazeddonuts.com/

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Desserts

I know I am in the minority here, but I dont like Salute or Blue Heaven's KLP. Meringue has no business being on a Key Lime Pie. The traditionalist in me prefers whipped cream. :)

Reply to: Desserts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted