We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Marker or Paradise Inn?

South Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
The Marker or Paradise Inn?

Headed to Key West for our first trip in June. We will be there a full week. Any suggestions between these two options?

5 replies to this topic
Key West, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: The Marker or Paradise Inn?

I'd say The Marker. It's a great property with so many more amenities than the Paradise Inn and it's in a perfect location, right at the Key West Harbor.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,393 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: The Marker or Paradise Inn?

I like the Marker as well. Large, relatively newly furnished rooms, a good on site restaurant and bar, and a good location by the harbor. The plus to Paradise Inn is it is historic homes in a lush setting. It has more of “Key West” feel to it. The Marker could be an upscale resort anywhere in Florida.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: The Marker or Paradise Inn?

I’m a fan of paradise just because it is s beautiful boutique property and not a cookie cutter resort. I’m not a fan of the marker, sorry.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,517 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: The Marker or Paradise Inn?

I’ve never stayed at the Marker. I tend to avoid resort type properties. I did enjoy our stay at Paradise Inn, though it’s been quite a few years ago. I’d go with Paradise.

Actually, though, if I was going for a full week, I’d look at a cottage rental. Not Truman Annex, though, it’s lovely, just doesn’t feel like Key West to me, could be anywhere in Florida.

Edited: 27 May 2018, 18:48
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
5. Re: The Marker or Paradise Inn?

My friends just stayed at The Marker last month, nice resort & pool. Very close to everything.

On the second part of their trip, they stayed at Marquesa Hotel. Nice property with great pools. Also, pretty close.

They enjoyed the second week more, as the Marquesa was more of a boutique property with lush vegetation.

Reply to: The Marker or Paradise Inn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted