We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

So we have our second trip to KW coming up in a few weeks. (Were first timers last year and loved it.... I think we've found our new favorite vacation spot.)

But is there any kind of music or anything you listen to prior to a KW trip in order to get yourself psyched? I know some people on here aren't huge Buffet fans, even though he seems like a logical place to start.

But you guys have seriously gotta help me with this; I'm desperate. I need some kind of motivation to get me through these last 3 grueling weeks of work! LOL.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

Would have to be the stage cams at some of the Key West bars, and listen to what is playing there live. Sloppy Joes stage cam is my favorite.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

This a great local band to get you in the mood. Try to get a chance to see them live when you visit.

http://www.milemarker24.com/

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

LOVE MM24. Got the t-shirt. I would like to think that I had some responsibility for getting them booked at SWB for a Sunday afternoon gig. Told Evalena, the owner she should book them, the place would be packed, and she would love them. Apparently I was right. MM24 has been rebooked there for a Fri-Sat night gig in July.

They play mostly originals and remind me of early Jimmy Buffett. If you want to hear a few songs, ck out their myspace page. You've been warned. You may get hooked!

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm…

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

CaptBk,

Glad I am not the only one who loves them. Howard is the nicest guy. Be sure to introduce yourself if you have the chance.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

I know Howard well. I have his cell phone number.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

lol, small world. We have probably seen each other.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

lol, small world. We have probably seen each other.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

sorry for the double post. Don't know how that happened.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

Arnie

Just saw that MM24 will be at Dante's on Sunday. (formerly Monte's and next to The half Shell at Key West Bight)

Sorry for hijacking your thread John. We'll stop soon, I promise.

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Music suggestions for getting in the KW mood?

How funny, I was just thinking about starting a thread just like this! We're coming down in June, and I want to make a "mix" CD for the drive from FLL to Key West. I need a song list.

Anyway, it's over two months until my trip, and I listen to Radio Margaritaville all day long at work. It's not all Jimmy Buffett (though they play him quite a bit); they play a little bit of everything. Give it a try, you might like it. It really gets me on "island time"!