We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates Soul?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern New Jersey
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pirates Soul?

Have seen many positive posts on Pat Croces Rum Barrel, but no one has commented on Pirates Soul next door. Is it worth the price of admission or not? If you read the ads, it seems like Disney does Key West. Is this accurate.

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates Soul?

My husband and I enjoyed Pirate Soul. There are a lot of interesting things there. Admission is kind of expensive if I remember correctly, and it is kind of small.

To answer honestly, no it's probably not worth the price of admission, but I would check it out if there's a rainy day if I were you.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates Soul?

For the kids.

south dennis N.J
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates Soul?

stop in before the birds game................

WI
Level Contributor
252 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates Soul?

Some interresting artifacts in there. You need to take the time to read a lot. If you just want to be entertained it will be dissapointing. Overall, I didn't think it was worth the price of admission.

Reading PA
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirates Soul?

We will be the different voice on this one. As adults without kids in the late 30's, early 40's, we enjoyed it and have recommended it to friends. Yes it was kind of hokey, but we liked it better than the Shipwreck Museum and a few other tourist things we have done on past visits.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirates Soul?

If you're interested in pirate history or lore, it's pretty cool. Croce has a great collection.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pirates Soul?

Awhile back on the Fury website they were offering free admission when you book the Ultimate Sunset Cruise. I may do this if it's still available when we go.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pirates Soul?

My husband and I liked it and we were in our late 20's the time we went. If you like history and pirate stuff - you'll find it very interesting. Especially one of the only orginal Jolly Roger Flags in existence and original pirate chest (of Blackbeard's I believe)

Disney I would not compare it to (and not meaning that in a bad way) but it does have a couple of interactive & entertaining activities.

I think it's one of the better attractions in Key West - bars not included of course! :)

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pirates Soul?

Very disney like and pricey. I do not think its worth it unless you are really into that stuff and/or have kids and its a rainy day and there is nothing to do.

Northwest Indiana
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pirates Soul?

My husband, 14 year old son and myself enjoyed this museum and spent a lot of time browsing the exhibits. We visited when a fishing trip was postponed due to wind.

If you like passive displays where you just look and walk, you won't like this collection - there is a lot of historical items with detailed written descriptions.

I do NOT recommend Pirate Soul for children under ten. They'll be bored stiff and you'll have wasted your money. It is not like Disney.