We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in the Keys?

Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in the Keys?

My husband and I are flying in Ft. Lauderdale and trying to Miami, Key Largo, then Key West. We are very active people that enjoy a good drink and possibly golf.

What are some must do's or see's in Key West?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
279 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in the Keys?

Yes

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in the Keys?

^^^^^^^^

I agree

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in the Keys?

I don't

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in the Keys?

These guys like to joke around. I checked your profile and noticed that you had an interest in Cancun. Key West is great but a different experience from Cancun. Some of the things to do and see-te sunset from land or sea, Hemingways house, Trumans Little White House. Snorkleing, kayaking, jets skis. parasailing, fishing. There are tons of unique restaurants and even more bars. A lot of places have live music, the atmosphere is very laid back and casual. Key West is old and full of history, get off the beaten path and explore the neighborhood on foot or by bike. A yes, I think there is a golf course somewhere.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in the Keys?

The Key West Golf Club is located around MM 5. I beleive the entrance is on College Road.

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in the Keys?

KKaylor, they're messing with you because your question's a bit vague. Start here, and come back and ask away!

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34345-c2276/Key-West…

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in the Keys?

Thanks KWT! I just read my post. I think I need a new laptop, it couldn't possibly be my typing! :)

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in the Keys?

There is an 18 hole golf course on Stock island. The best course in the Keys is the mini-golf at Boondocks at MM 27.5. That pretty much says it all. Play golf in Ft Lauderdale and Miami before you head to the Keys.

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in the Keys?

Oh it's not bad.........but not great. 6500yd LPGA course, a good back 9 and best of all.........the beverege cart.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in the Keys?

kkaylor7: First, go on conch or trolly tour, which is the best way to get an introduction to this unique island. Then, a very active couple, I recommend making a reservation at galleon marina, and take a jet ski around key west, the best experience. Great guides for an active fun thing for you both to do (go on same set ski), its just fun that way!! Go to Schooners Wharf on way back, call a couple friends, Just to let them know what a great vacation your having!!!! Theres a webcam on line, its fun. Another day go on a snorkle trip. My husband and I love key west, and have just decided we have to go back every year, there is tooo much to do. This island has just got everything we desire for a great get away and being on an island with endless ocean fun is for us. My husband golfs, but, I dont, but, it never has even come into plans for us. There is soooo much to do on this island. This june we plan, to drive keys down, go to Alambama Jacks, stop at Islamorada for Robbies to see tarpon, Loreli for lunch and on to key west, our ultimate destination. Then, on Key West, Loyds Bike Tour, Eco Tour, Mel Fisher Museum, Sunset Tour, and Island Ting/Sebago, eat, drink, ect. ect. ect. ect.......... Being so close to leaving, thats all we talk about. You'll love this island, you enjoy. This forum has helped us enjoy our vacation with all the tips and advice. Enjoy Key West, I know you'll both come away with a smile. We all do!!!! Have Fun, We love this place!!!!!! :)