We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good seafood restaurant

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
13 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Good seafood restaurant

Going with a group of friends and I have been trying to find a good , non-touristy seafood restaurant. Any suggestions.

NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good seafood restaurant

Good times,

there are so many excellent restaurants in KW, and almost all of them serve great seafood. Cafe Sole is an excellent choice. It is not exclusively a seafood restauarnt, but has a wide variety of seafood choices, and the food is excellent. Another great choice is Blue Heaven, but it is touristy. Though it is tourisy, it is a one of a kind place not to be missed.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,992 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good seafood restaurant

My first choice is always Blue Heaven but not on a weekend as it gets very crowded. It's not too bad on most week nights or if you go late in the afternoon.

Second would be the Sands Beach Club. They have a huge assortment of seafood and shellfish on the menu, a pick-your-own lobster tank, and they have a 1/2 drink happy hour. And they can easily accomodate a large group. They are a little too far from the main attractions to be too touristy. All the way south on Simonton.

Kelly's on Whitehead also has a good selection of seafood, but is a little more pricey. But eating in their garden is a nice expirience. They, too, have a good happy hour, margureitas and micr brews .

Pjk

Elgin, Illinois
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good seafood restaurant

Anyone have any idea how busy Blue Heaven is on a Sunday evening? I am planning on taking my friends there after my wedding for dinner.

More Cowbell!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,992 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good seafood restaurant

PHONE: 305-296-8666

I don't think they take reservations except at the door, but I would give them a call when you get there, explain your situation, and ask if they would set aside one or two tables for your group.

Pjk

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
13 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good seafood restaurant

Thank you for the suggestions. I am so happy someone respects the cowbell skit as one of the funniest ever with Will!

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good seafood restaurant

I love Seven Fish. Our first night's dinner every time we visit Key West! They accept reservations.

www.7fish.com