We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurnat reviews from last week FYI

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurnat reviews from last week FYI

Hogfish a great place to eat if you can find it. So true. Ate there twice so good. I had the shrimp po boy and the hogfish both excellent. My wife had the fried shrimp and the bbq ribs and chicken special both excellent. The peel and eat shrimp were great. Loved feeding the fish or recycling as they say. Service outstanding. Great iced tea.

Conch republic seafood again had the shrimp po boy. Very good. My wife had the fried shrimp. Excellent. Service just OK. Which is usually the case.

Camille's I had the white chocolate Godiva french toast. My wife had the chicken salad salad.

Wow . What a great place. Loved the french toast and the salad my wife said was awesome. Coffee not so good. Great service.

Salsa Loco Rainy day brightened at Salsa Loco. Great iced tea. Great food. I had the #13 combo one chicken quesadilla, burrito, and taco. My wife had the #8 combo one burrito, taco, and enchilda. Great service. Awesome place. Posted some pictures with review and will post some more from other places soon.

Parrotdise. Not quite. Over priced and poor service. What a bad combination. I had the snapper sandwich which was good. My wife had the fried shrimp. Which she thought were great. The food was good. The big pecker wine not so good.

Baby's coffee. My wife is a big coffee drinker. She really liked this coffee. Great place.

Noticed myself looking at b&bs and restaurants saying this place gets good reviews and this place gets not so good reivews. Had a great week. Great meeting all the local TA people at SWB. You all are the best. Nice to have met all of you. Thanks again. Also we love going to the aquarium every year. My wife is a big fish lover. Our daughter loved it. She got to touch a shark. OK just a baby nurse shark, but it was a big deal to her. Worth every bit of the long drive from INdy. Will be back next year. Probably a different week.

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurnat reviews from last week FYI

2 questions tuesday,

how long is the drive from Indy? just curious

also, how is the cleanliness factor dining at Hogfish.. when I went it was a little too "earthy" for me. do they only have outside dining?

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurnat reviews from last week FYI

The drive is roughly 1,300 miles. We loved the dining outside by the water. Try the BBQ special if they have any. Like any bar the may not be as clean as a restaurant, but I didn't see any problems. We broke the drive up into three parts first day down stopped in Tifton, Georgia ; second day grandfather's house in near Port Canavaral can see the shuttle launch pad and day three Key West. On the way back day one Ocala, Florida, day two Smyrna, Georgia, day three Indy. We used to drive straight through roughly 25 hours but not anymore.

3. Re: Restaurnat reviews from last week FYI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 00:16