We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're here

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
332 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
We're here

Ahh, we are back in paradise! Sunday drive to Key West - quick 6 hours and we were here by noon. Room wasn't ready to check in yet so we walked down the street - ended up at Crabby Dicks. 2 for 1 Margarita special and 25 cent wings. Good drinks and the wings were good. Did a little shopping - straight to Kermit's to buy a key lime pie and some other goodies we're getting low on. LOVE the key lime mango poppyseed dressing!

After checking in and dropping the bags off - just in time to hit Alonzo's for happy hour! Great beer battered shrimp and love the key lime baked oysters! However, the conch fritters are gross here. I couldn't even get one whole fritter down. Strolled along harbor walk - looked at the tarpon in the water. Saw a HUGE grouper swimming around - had to be 250 lbs! No fish tales here.

Headed down to schooner warf where there was a little festival going on: Save the western union ship. Just as we walked up, who was getting ready to play - MM 24!! WHAT A TERRIFIC TREAT! Love them and they did not dissapoint. Great start to a short trip. Goodnight all - stay tuned for further updates....

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're here

Thanks for checking in. It sounds like you are having a great time. Mile Marker 24 is a great band!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're here

LUCKY

Sounds like a real nice start to your vacation. Hope it continues.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're here

Sounds like a great start to your vacation. Have fun!

WI
Level Contributor
252 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We're here

You're such a tease! I have to wait another 25 days until we are there. For your sake, I hope the further updates come after your trip is done. I wouldn't want to waste my time in Key West typing on the 'puter.

Canfield, OH
Level Contributor
249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're here

How long are you going to be there? We arrive Thursday 12/6.

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
460 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We're here

Heck of a way to start the vacation. Hope the rest of the trip is as much fun as the beginning of it. Looking forward to a trip review when you get back home. ENJOY!!!!

7. Re: We're here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 21:16