We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Naples to Key West

Philly
10 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Naples to Key West

We're making this drive on a Saturday in late January, then returning to Naples the following Tuesday morning. I've mapped this out already, but I'd like to know what the local experts think regarding to how long it will take and what kind of traffic I can expect. Thanks!

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Naples to Key West

I think it will take between 5 and 6 hours

( depending on traffic ) to go from Naples to Key West.

To predict the traffic is something no one can do but you shouldn't hit traffic unless there is an accident.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Naples to Key West

Its about a 5 hour drive give or take. On a Sat I doubt you will experience any really heavy traffic anywhere on route.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Naples to Key West

I should add 5 hours is with one stop for gas and a quick snack.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Naples to Key West

Last spring we drove from Marco Island to KW in about 5 hours. We did so early on a Sunday morning, so we did not not encounter much traffic at all. It is a great trip down the keys, especially if it is your first time.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Naples to Key West

Driving its part of the fun, during the daylight you can go via us 41 (Tamiami trail) I would not take this after dark. but if you are Just going for a day or so? consider looking into taking the Yellow Air Taxi plane out of Naples it is not too expensive like $99-135 each way and saves a ton of time they may not fly on a Tuesday.

6. Re: Driving from Naples to Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 19:16