We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robert the Haunted Doll

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Robert the Haunted Doll

Hello-

I was interested in knowing if anyone has seen Robert the Haunted Doll? Is he worth a look? I have done the "haunted tours" thing in New Orleans and wanted to avoid that in Key West.

I am leaving next week to Key West for the first time and I believe it'll be a great time whether it's rain or shine!

NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

I have seen Robert the Doll a few times in the window of the Custom House Museum, but I do not know where he is now. Love the story though.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

Anyone visited Robert recently?

I've been reading about him on the Internet and to be honest I am a little bit scared to go see him. He looks so freaky!!!!

Danbury, Connecticut
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

Last time I saw him, he was in the East Martello Tower Museum. The Museum is a cool thing to see just by itself, Robert is creepy. We had been on the ghost tour where they warn you not to take his picture and when my sister tried to take his picture, her camera shut off, twice. We were kind of freaked out by it. The museum also has some sculptures as well as a great view from the roof. You should check it out.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

I need to get over my fear!!! I can barely look at him on his web page without having a bad nights sleep!!!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

Last year, our little group was having a conversation about our upcoming trip to Key West and things we might do. A Ghost Tour was floated as an idea, and talk naturally turned to the legend of Robert. Someone said something about how he should just chill out and learn to relax, like everyone else in Key West.

The next day, my friend D., who is quite an amazing graphic artist emailed everyone a picture he had whipped up of Robert enjoying a mojito at the Conch Republic Seafood Company. It was truly hilarious. Until...

Later that day, on his way home, D's car suddenly went dead in the middle of the interstate. Cars behind him narrowly missed hitting him, and he was stranded by the side of the road for two hours until AAA finally showed up. Nothing had been wrong with the car prior to that day.

Don't mess with Robert. I do not want to see him. I do not want him to know of my presence. He's like that little girl from The Ring.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

There are many stories about things that have happened to people who didn't respect Robert. If you go out to see him, be sure to ask his permission to take his picture.

Limey

Pennellville, New...
Level Contributor
221 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

I can't believe that anyone with enough cognitive abilities to use a computer accepts the "reality" of ghosts."Ghost" tour operators should be ashamed of fleecing the out-of-towners.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

There's no "fleecing" involved, verybig. The ghost tours are a fun way to spend an evening while learning about the history and legends of Key West. The tours guides are funny and informative, and seem to enjoy what they do. It's presented as entertainment, not anything more or less.

Boston
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

To each his own .some people do not "get " the "it" of Key West and that is OK too

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Robert the Haunted Doll

Hey, i'm the biggest non-believer in ghosts and what not that you can find, with that said, nothing wrong with people wanting a little fun diversion.

I thought it was hillarious when wife and her friend came back from a ghost tour and all the talk of "Orbs"... As if a flash doesn't create some residue =)

But again, to each their own and it's a fun show if nothing else.