We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recycling question

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
recycling question

Here's one I've never seen asked here...

We're down here now and it drives me nuts that our condo doesn't recycle. Is there a place I can drop off our bottles, cans, plastic and newspaper at the end of the week? No one at the condo seems to know or care.

Thanks...

Havin' a blast...

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
253 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recycling question

Contact Waste Management of the Florida Keys at 305-296-8297 or City of Key West Public Works Department 305-

809-3759 (email rbhaven@keywestcity.com) The City recycle center on College Road (Stock Island) is open Monday through Friday.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recycling question

Wait! Even easier, just on the side of Waterfront Market on Caroline Street is a complete recycling set-up.

Incidentally, it has been a real ordeal with recycling here, especially since the "word on the street" was that Waste Management just throws away the recycling.

In fact, what happens is many of us have no idea what materials to put into the recycling bins, and subsequently "dirty" recycling has to be thrown into the regular garbage trucks. And thus the legend was born, "Well, I SAW them throw my recycling away!"...

So thanks for asking the question, gfroch, we'll get it right eventually. In the meantime, I feel it's my responsibility to take care of my own bottles and cans, etc.

Please mention to the management your desire for recycling set-ups!

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: recycling question

Definitely talk to your condo management about adding recycling to their waste contract. In the meantime, MikeM's advice is spot on.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recycling question

thank you for the replies. As mentioned above, I have brought it up to the condo mgmt. and they aren't with it enough to care. To expensive...blah blah blah.

But fortunately our 2nd home in KW, the Key West Sailing Club does care and they have separate bins, so we've been bringing it there. Thanks again...

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,792 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recycling question

Or - drop off your recycling into someone's bin on the street the day/night before pick up.

6. Re: recycling question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 01:17