We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

Looking for your recommendations for party boat fishing. Please provide link if you know it and WHY they get your vote!

We're coming in June - any idea what's biting around then?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,006 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

This is a pretty good example of what is available, the Tortuga IV: two trips daily and $45.00 per person (plus tax)

keyskayakfishing.com/party-boat-fishing.html

Pjk

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

I like the Tortuga as well, newly built boat, fresh Coast Guard inspection and the crew likes to fish. They aren't there just for a paycheck.

Maine
Level Contributor
829 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

I highly recommend the Tortuga IV. Check out this thread from a while ago....

tripadvisor.com/…7033597

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

I keep looking at the Gulfstream III because of the longer length of time on the water. When I called they said it was ~ 1 hr trip out and back and rest of time fishing.

Would night trip be more enjoyable or productive in June?

I can also save a bit by booking it at www.trustedtours.com/store/UseDateA.aspx…

Should I book ahead for these kind of trips in June or will coupons be available in KW that will get me a discount that gives me the latitude of watching the weather?

Other the time, what's the real difference between Gulfstream and Tortuga? Anyone been on both that can provide an opinion?

A number of other posts mention Greyhound V, but I can only find a phone number and no webpage for them. I left a message on their machine.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,006 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

If you do a search within this forum on Greyhound (ignoring the replies for buses out of Fla) you'll get a few hits. Here is one which I don't know if it's typical...

"We were in Key West 2 weeks ago and only 1 of the party boats was going out fishing. Cap't John on Greyhound V. The year before we went out on the Gulfstream III and like it much better. John said they should be back in business real soon. It is better to party boat fish in Key West, calmer seas, better catches. Hope you have a place to cook it all or check out some restaurants that will cook your catch. Snorkeling is best off a boat at Looe Key but you must pay. Bahia Honda is relatively free."

There is a $2.00 off coupon in the See Key West Magazine for the Tortuga IV (pg 29), and for June I'd wait until I got down, checked the forecast, and also checked some of the kiosks on Duval or Front Street to see if they will discouont a trip.

hth

Pjk

6. Re: Party boat fishing recommendations for 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 07:19