We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm Turning 40!!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
I'm Turning 40!!

And plan to do it in Key West! Taking the Ferry in from Fort Myers 5/1-5/5, was just there a few months ago, been here a few times, and kind of familiar, but want to hear from the Experts...a great B&B, under $150/night with a pool to enjoy some cocktails, private porch or balcony, in Old Town area walking to Duval, etc...

Then, where must I have my 40th bday dinner and cocktails....

THANKS!!!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

With your price constraints, maybe the Angelina Guest House might be able to accommodate you. $150 in May will not bring you everything you want though.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

Check out here. Its on Duval and usually a nice deal.

http://www.duvalgardens.com/

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

The Angelina Guest House is the only place I can think of in that price range. The only thing is you will have to make your own cocktails for around the pool. They do not have a bar.

I have stayed there many times and it's a nice place (very basic) but no TV or Phones (I think a plus) with a nice pool.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

Agreed on Angelina... No frills, but a good place. If i don't plan on having an extravogant trip, I'll probably always stay there in the future.

I know it doesn't get mentioned much on there.. But I loved the Tropical Inn. Its right on Duval and hasa a great pool area. No bar, but i don't think many B and Bs have a bar on site.

Tropical Inn might be out of your price range.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

great suggestions, i have found about a dozen or so B&B's, it can be confusing...stayed at Duval Quarters on Julia Street last time, GREAT Place, if they had a pool, we would be back there in a heart beat....

Other's ive seen are Olivia by Duval, Lighthouse Court, Seascape Tropical Inn, Courtneys Place, Seaport Inn.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

Just so you know tampan - turning 40 isn't much fun - regardless of WHERE you do it

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

LOL Turning 50 was much easier. It beats the alternative.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

Im REALLY looking forward to the 40's...each decade is just getting better!!

Still looking for some more Experts advice in the Keys for my 40th....

THANKS!!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,000 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

I've been turing 40 for 19 years and I'm not in any hurry.

Sit at the Conch Republic during happy hour and let it be known that it is your birthday and sit back and relax. Carrying a cup cake with a candle is a dead give away.

Pjk

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm Turning 40!!

We have reservations for Memorial day weekend at Mango Tree Inn at that price range. Haven't stayed there yet but it looks promising.