We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

We flew direct to EYW. I don't think I would ever drive from Miami. When we left, there was an accident closing US 1 & we would have missed our flights if we were driving to the airport in Miami.Pink cab driver was a really great guy, used him a couple more times while we were there. Stayed at Duval House, great place, very friendly. Duval Street wore a little thin on me after the third or fourth day. There were certain sections that always smelled bad. We tended to walk down Simonton or Whitehead to get to the Waterfront or just head out towards Schooner Wharf & hang out there to avoid the spring break crowds from the cruise ships. Love the Schooner Wharf to just hang out, drink & the singer I think it's Micheal McCloud. Although we did spend about 4 hours a Irish Kevin's on Duval drinking green beer on St Paddy's day. I can't remember the guys name, imagine that. ( "That's Bull---- !" was his tag line)he was hilarious. We ate at Kelly's, Crabby Dick's, Rum Barrel, Raw Bar, Schooner Wharf, but without a doubt our best meals were at Mangia Mangia & Abbodonza. Who'd a thunk, Italian in Key West !! We did Danger Charters Sunset Wine cruise. Beautiful & your cup is never empty. Danger Cup ! Danger Cup ! Sunday we rented a car & drove up to Islamorada to Captain Fred's Fishing Charters. Had a great time catching fish, watching dolphins, manatees & crocs. Hated to come home but all good things come to an end. Loved Key West. Hope to come back again.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,204 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

Do you remember what you had at Crabby Dick's and what you thought of it?

Thanks

Pjk

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

Nice Report! I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

We found it nice to get off Duval st when walking back n forth and seeing the other parallel streets where you find many of the B&Bs and some very interesting homes.

Great report! K.W. memories certainly become favorites.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

PJK, honestly I don't remember what I had at Crabby Dick's other than it was just OK food. Typical fried fare, nothing special. That was one of those stops when you are running out of places & you are starved. It was close to our rooms. Also I want to thank someone on this forum for mentioning that there is more leg room on the trolley than the train. My husband is a large man & he would not have been comfy on that train. Plus the trolley makes like 10 stops you can get on or off anytime. And we bought our tix on-line, another good suggestion from this forum. It pays to do research.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,204 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

Thanks. General concensus on Crabby Dick's is that the food is not very good. I'm still determined to try a drink and maybe oysters in May just to be sure.

Pjk

6. Re: Trip report 3/12 to 3/19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 23:17