We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Camping in or near Key West?

boston
3 posts
Save Topic
Best Place for Camping in or near Key West?

I'll be in Key West in early August with my girlfriend. We will stay only 2 days and 2 nights...what is considered a must do and see in Key West...and what is the best place for camping around Key West?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for Camping in or near Key West?

Tent camping or RV? You might already be out of luck if you don't have reservations yet. The only place I am aware of actually in KW (sorry I don't know the name) looked like a very cramped parking lot, almost devoid of trees/nature etc. I think the rate was $75-$80. /nite several years ago!

The best (and cheapest) campgrounds in the keys are at the SP's, like Bahia Honda, but again, if you don't have reservations yet, you will be lucky to get any. There are a few private CG's in the keys close to KW, but I'd be trying to reserve ASAP. These owners are being offered ever-increasing amounts to sell out, so expect fewer CG's & higher rates as time goes by.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for Camping in or near Key West?

Bahia Honda gets my vote....

Mid Missouri
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place for Camping in or near Key West?

I have never been camping there.....but I have been there....and it's the Dry Tortugas. They said you can camp out there. Talk about remote. It would be like stranded on a deserted island for a night. Wow...think about it, you are out there by your self. Might really be fun.

Go & Do