We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marreros May 28 - June 2

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Marreros May 28 - June 2

Wife and I will be there...any others from this forum going to be there during this time. We hope to see ya'...

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

Enjoy your stay.......I wish we were going then.......Marrero's is our Key West home......when we can get off to go.........

West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

Sorry but we just missed you! We were there two weeks ago for the 7-mile Bridge Run. The only vacancy John had was the room under the stairs with the shared bath and the loft (watch your head!). It was OK for the $, but we love rooms 12 (out by the pool) and 17 (huge room with two big beds and front balcony overlooking Fleming).

There was no vacancy all weekend and the pool was packed in the afternoon. John did some work and there's a few more chairs along the east wall, but they are mostly in the shade. Happy Hour and breakfast are still great.

Enjoy your stay!

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

RoadtripKW,

We are in room 12. This will be our 1st time room 12 is available. We were wondering how sharing the bathroom was. Sometimes that is the only room available. What are your thoughts on it. Thanks.

West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

Wow, lucky you baseball on nailing Room 12! John says it's the most popular room and usually is reserved months in advance. We got it for four nights this August and when I made the reservation in Feb. it already was booked for the week before. Couldn't believe it almost wasn't available six months away! But if you like to lounge around the pool nekkid it's the place to stay.

The shared bath thing is OK...It's a Jack-and-Jill bathroom (think Brady Bunch house) and I accidentaly locked the neighbor out one night at 4am (you are supposed to unhook the latch on the adjoining room when you're done), but she said she used the other bath in the hallway instead. I felt bad so insisted that she have some beers out of the small fridge that we also share in the bathroom. But to tell you the truth, the four nights we crashed we never used the shower in there (use the outside one in the corner, it's great!) and it was always kept clean by Alisha the housekeeper.

Would we do it again? Sure! More more to party with! But we're definitely looking forward to Room 12 in August.

Have fun!

West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

Sorry, should be MORE MONEY to party with.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

We've been unable to get room 12......you two are lucky.....so we have had the next best room, I think, #14....the other room right by the pool..........

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

Yeah - we tried for rooms 12 & 14 when I made reservations for May last November - they look like great rooms by the pool. We're ending up with room #20.

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

We just got lucky. Room 21 which we normally stay was booked and John said 12 was available. This has been booked almost a year in advance. Can hardly wait..26 days.

Central Florida
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

Glad to hear all the good reviews on room #12. Book it this morning for a three day stay in July. Can't wait for the late night skinny dipping!

10. Re: Marreros May 28 - June 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 08:38