We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Airfare

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
July Airfare

Hey everyone... Quick question... I'm coming down from the 3rd to the 7th of July... Anyone have an idea on getting airfare cheaper then 570 (including taxes) from Cleveland.

I know the fares are pretty set and I just got done playing on priceline with no luck... Just thought some sage here may know of something=)

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
72 reviews
from US$145.00*
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
59 reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July Airfare

How averse are you to flying into FLL or Miami?

Have you looked at flights out of Pittsburgh?

Flying directly into KW is spendy, no getting around it unfortunately.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July Airfare

I've done the Mia/Lauderdale thing a few times... As recently as this past February actually... The only problem is that i'll be coming alone this time, so any savings in the airfare will be eaten up with car rental and gas=(

I will look into the Pittsburgh thing though. I work about 40 minutes East of Cleveland, so wouldn't be horrible. Man... can't wait to be back down. Even though this trip will be about 3/4 business trip, it's still time in the Keys.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July Airfare

We booked Airtran to FLL for this trip and the cost was ~$200 each RT.

What about the Keys Shuttle or flying into Ft. Meyers and taking the boat?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July Airfare

Sadly no... Looks like West Palm and Lauderdale both are around 300 pre-taxes from Cleveland. I looked up pittsburgh to key west and it was more then gong straight from Cleveland. So I hit that problem again, if i pay for the airfare and then the shuttle and all that good stuff, it comes out to only a marginal difference. Considering the time I'd lose, rather just pay the difference.

Those rising gas prices bite us everywhere i guess=) No worries though, the steal that is the Angelina makes up for the airfare.

Thanks for the help though.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July Airfare

That stinks.

The last time we flew into KW it was over 10 hours of travel time. We should have a shorter trip by far flying into FLL and driving down.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July Airfare

Fortunately my travel time won't be that bad. Be in Key West by 3p.m. Enought time go get a solid afternon in at the Hog and start the business part of the trip the next day.

Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: July Airfare

Hey there - we're flying out of Cleveland, too on July 2; wanna get to KW asap, so we're flying into KW with Continental...for the flight times I prefer, it's gonna cost us a whopping $1400! Just a few months ago the both of us flew into Key West for $750 for the both of us! I keep hoping the cost goes down since the flights are far from booked, but they just keep creeping up. I'm gonna bite the bullet and book here soon, because we're absolutely going, even if I have to offer up my first born!

Here's another option - I've heard of a relatively new charter service offering flights from FLL (or Naples) to EYW called Vintage Prop Jets (see VPJ.com) - the last advertisement was for $179.80 round trip. I'm a bit skeptical because I believe it's a newer charter service offering flights to Key West, yet they've been running flights to the Bahamas for quite some time. Anyone hear anything?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July Airfare

Let me know what you hear on that... Just the early math though tends to make me think that it's going to be about the same amount as just booking straight thru continental. Right now booking through them leaving the 3rd and coming back the 7th, it's a bout 570 after raxes and all.

I actually wonder if last minute trips wouldn't be a better way to go with them? Booking early doesn't have the incentive I think that a last minute booking would be if the seat(s) were open. But I can't risk that.

9. Re: July Airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Key West