We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

NJ
Level Contributor
177 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

May 3-10 Trip Report – Each day the weather was absolutely sunny, hot & beautiful, drinks were refreshing & cold, conversations were all entertaining & fun!

Sat – Rented a convertible for 2 days. Louie’s Backyard for lunch on the deck. Delicious & the water was so blue & beautiful. Picked up some essential liquor store items, back to airport (our luggage didn’t make our flight since we opted for an earlier one), a drink at the Conch Flyer to watch our luggage fly in (whew!). Hyatt check-in a breeze, everyone was exceptionally nice. Our room was gorgeous, couldn’t get a closer room to the Ocean – huge balcony with two sets of sliding doors & a large window. Sat by the small beach, a dip in the pool, then hopped over to Rum Barrell to watch the Kentucky Derby. Dinner at Pepe’s – great prime rib. Made our first of many visits to the Smallest Bar, tried to have some drinks at Hog’s Breath for the Songwriters Fest. – too crowded, more bar hopping, etc. Capt. Tony’s – he was just leaving and I was able to run over & give him a hug & take a picture. So happy to see him there!

Sun - Sarabeths – nice breakfast. Drove to Ft. Zach Beach. Really beautiful – I’m so glad we went. I will make this a definite stop each visit from now on. Drove around & then to Stock Island, to Hurricane Hole Marina had a few cold ones & watched the activity going on. Fun place. Conch Republic for late lunch of the highly recommended (thank you) Royal Reds & fish dip. SWB for a bit. Smallest bar again for some hoola hoops & cocktails. Karaoke at 2 Friends – these people were too good, could they have been from the Songwriters Fest?

Mon – Husband returned the car & decided to walk back (stopping for a beer at each watering hole.) Day at the pool for me. He was quite tipsy when we got to SWB for the Cinco de Mayo Celebration to meet our TA Group! We spotted fellow TA member, Clipperguy first. Clipperguy found Seabus (President of the Key West Corruption and Getyerassdrunk Society – Seabus mentions this in Clipperguy’s report, so I nominate him as the President) KWTaxi, KWSusieQ, & friends. So welcoming & fun. Really all great people. Thank you! We chatted & drank & so President Seabus helped my husband enter the Taco, Pepper, Tequila & Corona contest. He didn’t need much coaxing - my husband didn’t stand a chance! Later he told me the Tacos tasted really good (oh my). The pictures are very funny. After all that fun, the Clipperguys & the CC Jerseys partied on the rest of the night – we did laugh & laugh…the guys hit it off, a real bro-mance.

Tues – Some relaxing pool time, then some shopping. It was our Wedding Anniversary – I shopped as he drank Margaritas. Between the night before & the day’s Margaritas – he fell asleep when we got to the room to shower. We didn’t make it out to dinner that night. The Hyatt surprised us by delivering a complimentary bottle of Champagne & Strawberries w/chocolate & whipped cream to our room for our Anniversary. I enjoyed them on our beautiful balcony watching the gorgeous sunset.

Weds – Pool time, lunch at Sunsets at Ocean Key (it was not that good – so we had some nice oysters & shrimp at Turtle Kraals - much better) SWB for our M. McLoud fix. Santiago Bodega for dinner. We loved it - Beef Tenderloin, Puff Pastry, Blackened fish, Mozzarella & dessert was Bread Pudding w/Vanilla Ice Cream – all excellent. Stopped at Cowboy Bills on the way back – it was ladies night. A real bargain, saw some bull riding & strange things – very funny.

Thurs. – Rented Electric Car (3 Hrs.). Walked the huge cement pier at the Aids Memorial at Higgs Beach (?) Checked out different resorts for future visits. Had lunch at the Café by the Sothernmost on the Beach & saw KWTaxi & his wife there – it was so nice to see them & say thanks again for all the info & fun. Drove by the Cemetery. Took lots of pictures of the beautiful homes on the lovely streets. Back to hotel pool for some sun before we headed to the Fury Commotion on the Ocean. This was a great Sunset Cruise. The music was excellent & they had a fantastic crew. Highly recommend. Dinner at Alonzo’s.

Friday – Our last full day at the Hyatt so ordered early room service breakfast to enjoy on our balcony. In the afternoon walked over to Dante’s for lunch. Only went here because it was mentioned on TA & I never knew there was anything past Half Shell all these years. It was interesting – food was pretty good (big portions). Dinner at Alice’s. Pomegranite Martinis - Cajun Springrolls & dumplings for appetizers, entrees were yellowtail w/capers, crème sauce w/kalmeta olive mashed potatoes & he had a huge piece of Tuna – dessert was her Key Lime Pie which I love. Everything was perfect. Our last night, walked Duval back to hotel – stopping here and there. The bartenders at the Smallest Bar were so funny – really great guys that kept you entertained.

Sat. – A sad day. But hotel gave us a later check out so we went to the pool for a few hours. Nice lunch at Conch Republic (Reds again), SWB for one last hour & off to the airport.

Thanks to everyone we met for making our trip a great experience & for all the great advice here!! We’ll see you next year for sure (or sooner if I can convince Taco Boy!) Each time we saw a Trolley - I looked for Seabus & waived!

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

So glad you did my three favorite things--Alice's, Santiago's and meeting us! It was great yukkin' it up with you at Schooners and hope to see you again real soon!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

Very nice trip report. You know how to do Key West right. I'll agree with you about Seabus. I second the nomination as President of the Key West Corruption and Getyerassdrunk Society. :-)

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

What?!? Me?!?!? Innocent of all charge yer honor! (Okay... Maybe just a teensy wensy bit.)

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

Great report!

I'm still LMAO over "bro-mance".

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
329 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

What can I say, we had alot of laughs !

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

Too fun!!! Great report. You put me in the mood...

7 days til we're there.

New Hyde Park, New...
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

Great report. You did some of my Favorite things. SWB, Royal Reds, Satiago's. I can't wait for the 19th

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

Nice report..........Thanks for posting it.......

9. Re: May 3-10 Trip Report - Great Time!!! (Sorry it's so long)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 10:21