We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Key West from Miami

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Key West from Miami

How to get to Key West from Miami?

How long?

Is Key West worth staying or going to in June?

What are the beaches like?

Would it be worth it for a single guy to go there?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

You can't get here from there. :-)

If you stay to the highways and tollways, you can't miss it. Basically, read the road signs and continue south. Florida is shaped like a big funnel and when you get to the bottom, you squirt out into the keys.... Continue driving until the road ends and you're here.

As for 'worth staying or going to in June'?.... Read the forum here and you should get a good answer on it and that answer would be 'Yes'. You'll also discover that Key West does not put itself out there as a beach destination but the beaches we have are really not bad. As for being worth it for a single guy.... Well, that really depends on you now doesn't it? :-)

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

There is lots of good and usually up to date info in the Insider Pages for Key West. I suggest you look through those and see what you think.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34345-s1/…Inside.html

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

I agree with Seabus on all your questions but here is a little more detail on how to get there.

Ask the rental car co. for a map and directions on how to get to the Florida Turnpike. Go south on the Turnpike until the end and it will put you on Rt.1 South. Take Rt.1 south to the end and you will be in KW. It should take about 4 to 4-1/2 hours.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

It can be hit or miss for a single guy in Key West. Are you coming by yourself or a group? It isn't overflowing with women like South Beach. But I know you'll meet many more women with substance in the keys as opposed to south beach.

Any time in the Keys is great. Every month seems to carry some unique features.

I'd say give it a try. You can't go wrong with Key West.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

I'll be flying into KW on the 22nd of this month, and I'm going to rent a car for the trip up to Miami. I'm going to bring my Garmin Nuvi, so hopefully I won't get lost as I have a terrible sense of direction <grin>.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

It's a straight shot from Key West up to Miami - hardly need the Garmin.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

The whole southern most thing kinda gives it away. If you hit Georgia... you got turned around somewhere.

8. Re: How to get to Key West from Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 13:20