We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront Resorts in Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lewisburg, WV
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront Resorts in Key West

Any suggestions on great beachfront resorts in Key West? My husband and I are looking to take a long weekend trip, and we've never been there.

Thanks!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront Resorts in Key West

In case you don't know, Key West really isn't a great beach destination. Most beaches are pretty small. Some are pretty rocky, and some have a lot of sea weed.

All that said, Key West is a wonderful destination, but not if your main priority is a beautiful beach you can walk on for miles.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront Resorts in Key West

Generally there aren't any beachfront resorts at all, meaning there aren't long beaches with one or two hotels on them. Instead thee are a few hotels that have their own beaches which are private to the guests.

On the south Side, the Casa marina probably has the best beach, followed by the Reach. If you consider most of the "action" to by either the Mallory Docks for sunsets and the Key West Bight for happy hours, dinner, live entertainment, these are about 1.5 miles away and the walk is doable.

On the north side there is the Pier House at 1 Duval Street and the Hyatt next door at the end of Simonton. Both locations are great and you can walk from there to pretty much everythng you'd want to do during a lot weekend. The Pier House's beach is larger than the Hyatt's.

Kind of in the middle are the Southernmost Hotel Collection which gives you access to small beaches...

http://www.southernmostresorts.com/

For a long weekend you probably want to be at the Pier House or Hyatt for the beach and the location, but the southernmost properties are not too bad. Do you have set dates?

hth

Pjk

Key West
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront Resorts in Key West

The best beach is at the Reach, no rocks! One block from the quiet end of Duval. Also, they just remodeled.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,388 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront Resorts in Key West

I've always enjoyed staying at the Pier House. Great location, good food etc. The beach is not as large as the one at Casa Marina.

~SRQgirl

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront Resorts in Key West

We loved our stay at Coconut Beach Resort - check the pics in my profile. It's a timeshare and we did exchange to get in - but there are units for rent as well - complete kitchens, beautiful views. You can swim on their small beach and watch both the sunrise and sunset from your room or on the patio. It's located next to Casa Marina.

sosci
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront Resorts in Key West

You could check out Westin Sunset Key although the beach is manmade form what I understand.

You will want to check out recent reviews however.

I've read a few reviews revealing that recent stays show a decline in some areas (this was previously a Hilton property).

Good Luck!

7. Re: Beachfront Resorts in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 11:21