We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch on the way down?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NE OHIO
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Topic
Lunch on the way down?

Just wondering if any new places have been tried. I did a search and most posts were a couple years old. Here is my list at this point.

1. No Name Pub on big pine.

2. Lor e Lei on Islamorada

3. Spankys Landing Marathon

Any thing to add/subtract. Comments.

The last two trips down we have had lunch at Zane Greys and wanted to try something else.

Always stop at Alabama Jacks on the way home.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch on the way down?

I think you mean Sparky's Landing and thats who gets my vote. I usually stop at Alabama Jacks for Conch Fritters and then head to Sparky's for Fish Tacos.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch on the way down?

I would add The 7 Mile Grill.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch on the way down?

Not really for a lunch stop but still a fun place to check out and they make great fresh fruit shakes.

http://www.robertishere.com/

They do close in the fall for a couple of months.

East Amherst, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch on the way down?

We enjoy the Hungry Tarpon at MM77 next to Robbie's Marina on Islamorada.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch on the way down?

http://www.sparkyslanding.com/

the BEST fish tacos and a great spot!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch on the way down?

Porky's Bayside on your right (the bayside) about half a mile before the 7 mile bridge. Delicious barbeque.

Marathon, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch on the way down?

Drive past Porky's and the 7 Mile Grill and go to Fisherman's Wharf at the 7 Mile Marina - the very last building bayside in Marathon (MM 47.5) before you get to the 7 Mile Bridge. Look for the giant American flag flying from a pastel colored concrete building. Great casual setting and the chef used to be at Louie's Backyard. The best ribs this side of heaven, awesome crab cakes, very creative menu.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch on the way down?

If you are looking at driving through around sunset, then by all means hit Lor-E-Lei. That is a GREAT spot for the sunset.

You want a good meal while looking at boats, in a real "keysie" atmosphere, go to Spanky's AKA Sparky's. Alle, Mike, Paul and Barb will all take good care of you. If you aren't full enough from the fish taco (a buffettguy top recommendation) the tres leche dessert will put you over the top. Its about 5 pounds of sinfully delicious dessert.

Our second choice in Marathon is Keys Fisheries for the lobster ruben (we split this), stone crab chowder for me and lobster bisque for the lovely buffettgal.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch on the way down?

Keys Fisheries Lobster rueben gets a second vote from me - the hubby and I loved it and it was plenty for 2. We also hit No Name Pub - the pizza was great, the people were really nice, it's not that hard to find or too far out of the way. Enjoy!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch on the way down?

I have heard there is a place with a lot of iguanas wandering around, maybe in Marathon or Key Largo? This would be a must stop for me, does anyone know what I may be referring to?