We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capt Tony : (

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Capt Tony : (

I cannot provide confirmation but a reliable person called and said he has passed.

A legend.

Hyannis, MA
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Capt Tony : (

if true...how sad. I lift my glass.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capt Tony : (

I just got 2 phone calls in the last 30 minutes saying the same thing. One person said he heard it on the radio??!!

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Capt Tony : (

Gotta be true then. I got a call from Raggs.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capt Tony : (

Well I still do not believe it. I hope it is just a rumor. I know he wasn't doing good on Fri but I just cannot believe it.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
551 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capt Tony : (

our sincerest condolences to all who knew him. we actually saw him on our trip... but wish now we had spoken to him (but he was surrounded by women) :-)

Mr. & Mrs. SKI ...Red Sox Nation

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capt Tony : (

Sorry to hear this.Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

What a great ride he had, I bet there are alot of great stories out there!

He will be missed.

NJ
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Capt Tony : (

Looks like it's true, lots of RIP's on his myspace page. So, so sad. I raise my glass to you Captain Tony.

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
609 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Capt Tony : (

"...our lives change like the weather, but a legend never dies." Last Mango in Paris by Jimmy Buffett.

Just like many visitors to his bar, my wife and I would always look for him when we were there. It began on our honeymoon 15 years ago. Bought drinks for us all night; signed our mugs. Got to watch him perform a wedding at Mallory during sunset and became the "unoffical" wedding photographers!! Every visit after that, we'd stop in to say hi. His health permitting, he was there to cop a feel!!

He'll be missed, but not forgotten. Raise your glasses high!

Paul and Barb

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Capt Tony : (

I'm quite sure we'll have a traditional New Orleans style funeral with a massive parade for him; if anyone is in town it would almost be a crime to miss part of local history and attend out of respect for this 92 year old gunrunner, smuggler, fisherman, saloonkeeper and the best Mayor we ever had. Back in the day and as recently as Captain Outragious we had a parade led by a music section strolling through Old Town to the cemetary with horns, drums and whatever is portable. It's sad but unique to KW and something you won't experience again for a long time.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Capt Tony : (

Amazing that he made it through another Fantasy Fest. You'll be missed Tony!!