We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

Has anyone ever stayed at the Island City House in a 2-bedroom Suite? We are two couples traveling with a young child. After reading reviews on this site, we are leaning toward booking a suite in the main house (Island City House) vs. the Arch House building. There is a 1st floor suite available in the Island City House for our dates. Anyone have any insight on this particular room?

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
72 reviews
from US$145.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
57 reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Charleston,WV
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

We have stayed at the Island City House several times but never in a 2 bedroom suite. It's our favorite place so far, close to everything but quiet. We always stay in the main house, nice pool and have had to issues.

JBKW

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

Great to hear you had such a great experience. Is the main house the "Island City" house? We did book a 2-bedroom suite. We were told our 1st floor suite (the only one they had left) overlooks William Street.

Charleston,WV
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

Sorry, "have had no issues". I need to hire a proof reader.

William St is a side street so you shouldn't have any noise problems, the Arch House overlooks Eaton which is a busy street. They have a nice pool and serve a continental breakfast outside near the pool area.

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

I haven't stayed there myself but really like the neighborhood. I have stayed within a block of there many times in different directions and its a nice walking distance to the seaport area or duval but still a quiet residential area. I would prefer not to end up right on Eaton St. because of the traffic but I have before and it's not that bad.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

If your suite is front on to Williams Street, you'll be one of the lucky ones with the huge veranda. The suites to the side of the building don't have outdoor seating right outside their rooms, just the ones directly in front and back.

It is a great place to stay.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

The end of William Street is neat. It's that little street that runs behind the SWB and which has maybe 5 local artisans selling jewelery and crafts. 411 is a very good location.

Pjk

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

Excellent! We heard that it's in a great location. With your feedback, we're even more excited to go. Where do the crafters set up?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

The trick is to find Kermit's Key Lime shop...

http://www.keylimeshop.com/

William is across the street and the artisan booths are on the right side of William. As you pass the last one then make a left you walk right into the Schooner Wharf Bar. (You can say you're just passing through but since you're there might swell order a drink)

Pjk

9. Re: Island City House - 2 Bedroom Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 00:19