We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

...beofre I die, I want to crew on a snorkeling or snorkeling / kayak trip. I want to make sure everyone is seated OK for the sail out of the harbor. (On the Danger trip, everyone introduces themselves and tells where they are from). I'd point out things to sewe on the sail to the reef. (Younger crew cxan raise those sails) I particularly would like to do the reef talk - something about the area the passengers are going to be in, about their equipment, do's and don't's about the reef, and a reminder to make sure they are not too far from the boat and know where it is. What to do and not do if they have a problem.

I'd ask for weak swimmers and first time snorklers so that I could go into the water with them and make sure they are comfortable, then point out things they might not notice. Afterwards, I good offer drinks and in a spare moment ask where everyone is staying and if this is their first time to Key West and snorkling in the Keys, and undoubedly offer suggestions about where to have a drink or dinner, etc.

I'd do this for free once or twice on every trip if I could.

Or give a tour around the Hemingway House.

Pjk

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

You'd be a natural, Pjk!

Boston
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

if i could do one job on a trip to Key West i would be a park ranger at Fort Zach. tooling around on my 3 wheeler watching the colors of the water and the ships and boats roll in and out.

or i would like to be Mike Mongo.

who else ??

Boston
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

I meant -- what about other posters ?? what would you do if you could ?

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

Well that's an intriguing question for sure.

I'd love to be the quality control (i.e. food tester) at Croissants de France.

But if we can dream- why not......

I'd sure enjoy being a body painter at Fantasy Fest!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

I would like to be the Body Paint REMOVER!

Yowza!

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

Consultant for the bar/entertainment biz. I spend various amounts time in the establishments undercover and provide and independent evaulation & reccomendations to the owner/mgmt. Sometimes a unbiased review is a valuable tool.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

I want to go to KW enough to be a DE!!! the awesome pay, the admiration of millions, the groupies, the free food and drink....what a life!!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

I want to be the official photographer for "The Beautiful Men of Key West" calendar.

Hey, it could happen.

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

I would want to be a famous restaurant reviewer whose words would be so powerful that restaurants would be only too glad to feed me on the house in the hopes of receiving a few encouraging words. LOL

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If I could do one job on a trip to Key West...

Hi Pjk,

GREAT TOPIC!

There has always been a part of me that wanted to be a tour guide... so this is an easy one... I want to drive the Trolley Tour Bus. If I could do that for a Day (or even once around the loop) I'd be a happy camper.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2