We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute suggestions?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
last minute suggestions?

I'm crawling out of my skin. we leave one week from Sunday and thanks to everyone on this board I can hardly wait!

we've got the trolley tour on first day to learn the island,Stephen Marley on fri.nite and Dry Tortugas on thurs.

did we forget anything? also I'mplanning on bringing my fishing rods with e to fish from shore can anyone advise me on what to bring? I'm thinking 10' spin casting & 6'6" light casting should I ship both,one or the other or neither. thank you all for getting me so in the mood I hope to meet some of you. Joe

ps stupid ? conch tales night seems like a good time am I right to assume it's held on Fri. nites?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute suggestions?

The CTH is every Friday at the Conch Farm at ~6pm. You will be made most welcome. A few places I'd suggest visiting are Harry Truman's Little White House. The tour takes about an hour and it an hour well spent. There is a lot of history there. The Hemingway House is also interesting, especially for literary types. The cemetery is an unusual place to visit, largely because of some of the unusual people who are buried there. Included in the epitaphs are "I told you I was sick" and "At least I know where he is tonight".

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute suggestions?

Have a great trip. CTH is a MUST do. The locals are a great group, and like Keith said, will make you feel VERY welcome.

Don't over plan. It doesn't look like you have over planned.

Save some things for the next time, because from the tone of your post, there will be a next time.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute suggestions?

Have a blast brn2fish55! We leave in 11 days. Say hello if you see us, we'll be he couple with huge grins on our faces!

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last minute suggestions?

Thank you you should be easy to spot cause you'll look just like us. Enjoy ! ! Joe & Sue

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last minute suggestions?

Don't plan any more. Just go with the flow and let happen what happens. Remember to relax while you are there and you will have a wonderful time.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
873 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: last minute suggestions?

If you're lucky (or unlucky depending on you point of view), you may get Seabus as your Trolley guide.

We met Seabus (Tim) at the CTH back in January. Lot's of good info about the area.

Some of the best shoreline fishing is actually up the Keys just a bit (10 - 15 miles). Lots of pull-off areas with stunning views. I'd bring both rods. Cast out the bigger surf rod, put it in a sand spike and then play with the lighter rod. Who knows what may bite?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: last minute suggestions?

I just visited the Butterfly and Nature Conservatory and have been recommending that because it was so much better than what I was expecting.

Click on the Things to Do link for reviews.

8. Re: last minute suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 19:20