We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place For Good Steaks

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place For Good Steaks

My girlfriend and I will be in Key West in March and want to have one nice evening meal of great steaks and wine. I would like to start off at a place that makes good Vodka Martinis and blue cheese olives. I have looked at the reviews for Michael's and Prime 951. As always some had good experiences and others didn't. Any thoughts or other suggestions for a place that has a good cut of steak that won't break the bank?

Sherry

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

Michael's is THE place for prime steaks and chops. It is a very nice restaurant as well. Prime 951 does get good reviews, but for me, if I want a great steak or rack of lamb, I go to Michael's.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

To be very honest with you, my husband, who eats nothing but steak when we travel, claims that he has not found a good steak anywhere in Key West EXCEPT for Michael's. We have tried just about every popular restaurant in KW, and he says that Michael's is hands-down the only place he will order steak. The steak at Blue Heaven would be his 2nd choice, but dinner for 2 can be a little pricey. However, I would recommend trying it at least once, if only for the ambiance!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

Michaels. They get their beef from Allen Brothers in the Mid West. Its some of the best in the Country.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

I've had great steak at the Cconch Republic seafood company. Love it, my favorite steak anywhere... Michaels does use the best meat, never had one there though. Little out of my price range on most occasions=)

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

Michael's gets my vote. When we are in Key West and have finialy eaten enough seafood we head to Michael's for a steak.

It's not just a good steak in Key West, it would be considered a good steak anywhere!

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

Another vote for Michael's. When we are in KW, it's all about local seafood but at least once each trip, sometimes twice, we go to Michaels's. It's not cheap (not as expensive as places/chains like Morton's, The Palm, etc.) but the steak is great, the service is top notch, and I love the ambiance. Be advised they have inside and outside seating. We much prefer the outside garden area. You may even want to stop in one night and sit at the bar to check the place out. It has a great bar. In my single days, I used to park myself at the bar and order my steak and wine.

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

Thanks everyone for your replies. I was leaning towards Michael's and you all just confirmed it.

Sherry

MD
Level Contributor
822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

One more for Michael's - the steaks are wonderful and the atmosphere, IMO, is terrific and to me has a real Key West feel without the "typical" trappings of a Key West feel, if that makes sense. It's more of a Key West "vibe" than a physical feel, if that helps.

Anyway, your post is about steaks and I can say I had am amazing filet there. Love Michael's.

Also, have had steaks at Commodore and they are quite good as well - plus there's the marina view there if you want to add that element.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

Michael's. Ask to sit outside near the fountain.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Place For Good Steaks

Michael's has recently gotten a few bad reviews from people saying the service has gone downhill recently. Has anyone eaten there within the past couple of months? I was thining of adding this restaurant to my lists of stops,.. but I have second thoughts after reading those reviews.