We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Keys kids 6,8,9 in July

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Keys kids 6,8,9 in July

We are making a side trip to keys from fort lauderdale fl(convention there). ANy recommendations for pleasant economical hotel and ideas for things to do with kids????Which key is the best for our interests...beach, dolphin experience. Thanks

Garwood, N.J.
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Keys kids 6,8,9 in July

I lived in Key West a few years ago, and based on the ages of your children I just want to let you know that Key West is very "adult" oriented if you know what I mean.Families live there w/ their children and raise them in a "liberal" atmosphere, so they are brought up with exposure to an openly gay

community. Duval St. at night can get pretty adult w/ the partying scene as well. However, if you're into watersport activities and historic tours and museums, you'll love it! Food is awesome as the chefs are top notch.I will suggest going to Islmorada in the center of the keys for a "swim with the dophins" as it is the best. Bahia Honda State Park in the keys is an excellent choice for beach. And when you get to Key West, Smathers Beach is the biggest beachfront with watersports right off of it to do. You can also go to Fort Zachery State Park in Key West. As far as a "no frills" budget hotel I would recommend the Key West Budget Hotel. Look it up on the internet and get all the info about it there.

chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Keys kids 6,8,9 in July

It doesnt necessarily have to be Key West, what about other Key islands?

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,447 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida Keys kids 6,8,9 in July

Marathon is very nice. Sombrero beach is great for kids, easy access to the Dolphin Center and Bahia Honda State Park. Many people come to Key West with kids and have a great time. Unless you are very conservative, in which case stay on the mainland!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida Keys kids 6,8,9 in July

If you decid on Key West or if it helps you to decide, many of these suggestions would hold for you...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k267662…

And the week-long Hemingway Days festival is approximately the third week in July. It's a lot of fun.

hth

Pjk

5. Re: Florida Keys kids 6,8,9 in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 17:20