We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duval Street Fire Update?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
891 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Duval Street Fire Update?

What's the latest on the Duval Street fire back on March 10th? Has there been any rebuilding progress?

CT
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

I'm bumping the message. Curious as well...

2. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 16:29
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

Just got done talking to one of the owners of Montage... THey said that the building is being totally leveled and then rebuilt... But the building probably won't break ground for another year or so.

Montage is dealing with insurance and sounds like they hope to be up and running again in another location.

If anyone hasn't visted the store or website (montagekeywest.com) it's a great place and a unique idea they had. I'm really going to miss going down this year and buying my traditional sign from them. However, I will go online and order one. Please visit their site and support them in this tough time.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
351 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

We always bring a few signs from Montage home with us when we visit KW. Hope they are in their new spot by May.

Hernando...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

Any idea where Montage will be opening another location? Buying a sign from them is also a tradition for us each time we go down. We'll be there the second week of June - if they're not up and running I'll definitely order something online.

Oh, and as far as dealing with insurance companies and fire, I can totally empathize. My husband and I are currently living in a hotel after our home caught fire about a month ago....things have pretty much been at a standstill and it's frustrating. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the fire.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

Hey guys... Well as the other poster said, and I didn't get details, but they indicated they are "dealing" with their insurance company. So take from that what you will.

It doesn't sound like a new store will be up anytime in the next few months. I will make it a point to buy something from them while I am down there... Whether I visit a new location, or I buy online.

If anyone else wants something cool of Key West (even places that have closed like Billies), I can't recomend enough how cool their stuff is. And supporting them now would mean alot i'm sure.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

We walked by the other day and there were investigaters all over the property. They have gray|silver sliding doors that remind me of hurricane shutters up, so on an avarage day you wouldn't even know that there was a fire. It dosen't look like a grand opening anytime soon.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
378 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

FWIW, Montage is still shipping. A friend of mine spoke to the owner the day after the fire, after ordering the day of the fire and not being aware of it until I called him. It took a while, but he got his sign 2 weeks ago.

9. Re: Duval Street Fire Update?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 00:20