We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, TN
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Trip Report

Arrived in Ft Lauderdale on Thursday morning and picked up rental car at Avis. Lady we dealt with Avis was very rude and short with us.

We were on our way! First stop was in Islamorada and we ate at Fish Company which was very good. I had grilled dolphin sandwich and husband had fried grouper sandwich. Mine was much better. Love the feel of this restaurant and got to see them feed the tarpon which was very cool.

Arrived at Southernmost Hotel and check in was smooth. Lady at front desk was very helpful and nice. Room was clean and would definitely stay there again. Dropped off luggage and headed to explore .Visited various bars such as La Te Da, Tony’s Saloon, and Whistle Bar. Stopped for snack and had conch fritters at BO’s which were okay. Later that evening we had sushi at Ambrosia. Atomic roll was very good and spicy! Called it an early night and went back to hotel.

Next morning rented a scooter and headed to Blue Heavens to have breakfast. I had Lobster Benedict and husband had shrimp omelet. Both were very good but expect to pay. Our bill with tip was $50.00. We then went to Fort Zachary Beach which was nice. Beach is very rocky but the water was pretty. After that we went to one of the marinas to see the boats come in and had beer at Thai restaurant. Didn’t eat anything but food smelled very good. Headed to Hog Raw Bar for lunch I had oysters, clams, and shrimp and husband had trio oyster dish. This meal was okay. We rode scooter around enjoying scenery then headed to hotel to take a dip in pool and return scooter. For supper we eat at Kelly’s which was very good. I had seafood pasta and husband had tuna. We walked around and stopped in various places and had drinks then head back to room.

Next morning we had booked a fishing charter but when we arrived the other couple going had cancelled so they were going to charge us 120.00 more so we decided not to pay the extra and left. Very disappointing! We then headed to Camille’s for breakfast. This meal did not stand out at all and was very plain. We then headed back to hotel to rent some bicycles which was a lot of fun. Rode to BOs and had grilled fish sandwiches which were very good. Later went to Two Friends happy hour and ordered calamari and fish dip. Both were good for the price. We then went to hotel to lounge around pool. For supper we went to Santiago’s which you would never know was there if someone hadn’t told you about it. We had wedge salad, ceviche, basil mushrooms, grouper, and grilled shrimp special. Everything was so good. Would for sure go back! After dinner we went to Whistle bar and Garden of Eden which was definitely an experience.

Next morning was check out and we headed to Key Largo for a night. Stayed at Holiday Inn which was a nice hotel. They had a very nice pool area with tiki bar. Had lunch at Wahoo’s in Islamorada and dinner was at Bayside in Key Largo. Both meals were great and service was awesome. So didn’t want to come home but enjoyed my time away.

Springfield IL
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Sounds like a good trip. Hope you guys had fun. Thanks for sharing.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Great report! Sorry about your fishing trip. We loved Satigo's Bodega too!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Enjoyed your report. Missing the fishing trip was a bummer, I'm sure. Glad you had a great time.......

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Glad you had a good time except for the fishing trip. Hopefully you'll be back again and can catch what you missed.

Limey

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Great report!!!! but I need to know........did you get an upgrade!!!!!???????? lol!

Paris, TN
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

No we didn't get an upgrade:-) The room was great though. Would recommend that hotel!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

too bad but I am happy you enjoyed it.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

Great report. Good to hear about the Southernmost Hotel...heading there soon!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

Nice review.. thanks!

10. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 07:20